New and confused re: generator

Forums Forums Templates and themes New and confused re: generator

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ProfessorZ

Ok, I admit I might be a little slow.  But I’m trying to use the generator and not sure how. I want to design the revolution theme.  Here is where my confusion is:  I have a new WordPress and bbPress.  I want to create the revolution theme for both with a style that is close to my website that I am creating.  So 1: do I go to each area, ie. main menu, overall, posts etc.. create and then submit design and move to the next? If that is the correct way, at the end what do I do. Save, export to WordPress and bbPress or something else. I’m also confused on what each selection is. ie. the several background colors, text color etc.  I thought I had figured it out by looking at the revolution theme, but I’m not sure. 

It seems like I won’t know until I upload to my blog and forum and if not right, start over again. Trying to avoid having to do that. Are there some specific instructions that I have overlooked somewhere?

Sorry, if this has been asked and answered.  This seems like just what I was looking for, just want to use it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ProfessorZ

Could someone please help me out.  I attempted to export and upload and I received an error in wordpress admin.The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description
    Stylesheet is missing.

Should I just give up and mover on to something else, or is there a way to get the revolution theme with the generator?

Not sure what to do.

thanks.

Hi,
    I’m not sure what you are asking here.

To get to the Revolution Generated theme, you just need to click the "Revolution Generated" link in the editing bar. Then when you export it you should be able to download a zip file containing the Revolution Generated theme. If you want to modify it, just use the editing pane to modify whatever you want before exporting it.

If an exported theme isn’t working, there isn’t anything I can do without seeing the XML file of that theme sorry. If you attach it to a post or post a link to it here then I am happy to take a look for you.

ProfessorZ

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.  I’ve been playing with the generator and have made some progress with wordpress. The only theme I am working with is the rev.gen. theme.  How do I change the title so that Revolution generated does not show up.  The other Rev. themes I loaded with changes I made show up without any theme styling, just posted on, posted in.  I tried changing the folder name so that there are no spaces (as I saw in another post,) but same thing, white in the available theme section.

Since I am new, what and where is the XML file. I would be happy to attach it to a post.

For the bbPress theme, it also appears white in the theme page, when it is activated I have the Rev.gen. title and this error message -TOPIC â€â€

ProfessorZ

It really is hard being new and trying to do something you haven’t done before.  So, I am still holding out hope that some one who has been in this position before will offer some assistance. 

Thanks.

Hi,
    There are a lot of problems with the bbPress themes unfortunately. In particular they only work with bbPress 1.0 apparently, is that the version you are using?

"ProfessorZ" wrote:
    How do I change the title so that Revolution generated does not show up.

Do you mean the graphic at the top of the page? That is controlled in the ‘Header’ section of the editing bar.

"ProfessorZ" wrote:
    The other Rev. themes I loaded with changes I made show up without any theme styling, just posted on, posted in.  I tried changing the folder name so that there are no spaces (as I saw in another post,) but same thing, white in the available theme section.

That is strange.

"ProfessorZ" wrote:
    Since I am new, what and where is the XML file. I would be happy to attach it to a post.

It is included with each theme which is downloaded and you can save it via the ‘Upload/save’ section by choosing ‘save’.

ProfessorZ

Thank you Ryan for your quick response.

I’m using stable 0.9x for bbPress.

Yes I was referring to the graphic at the top.

Thanks for your help. In the future I will ask better questions and attach a file if need be.  My desire is to be helpful to you in providing answers and also others who might be helped by the questions. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.