widget for drop down menus?

Forums Forums Menus widget for drop down menus?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    wwwindi

Ryan, you responded to my post at buzzdroid.com aka Shifter theme re: dropdown menu plugin.

Got your message re: the manual input of the code where needed vs. a hook. Understand that…

You mentioned you have a widget for the same dropdown function available? I think it will work with Shifter theme cuz the nav bar area is widgetized!

How do I get that widget?

Thank you for your help and assistance –
    W

Hi wwwindi,
    You need to upgrade to our premium membership option for that … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/premium_support/

However it is still in development and I would like to know if it works with the Shifter theme, so I will email it to you at the address you registered here with. It will arrive in your inbox shortly.

wwwindi

Got the php widget file and installed in wp content/plugins/widgets folder but i got a funky error msg once I activated the widget.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for letting me try it out, though.
    W

There is probably a problem with the widget. It has had almost no testing so not surprised it has problems. What did the error message say?

wwwindi

The error msg is as follows:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/innecar4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widgets/suckerfish_widget.php on line 49
    %BEG_OF_TITLE%%END_OF_TITLE%
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function suckerfish() in /home/innecar4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/widgets/suckerfish_widget.php on line 57

Did you activate the plugin first? I hadn’t thought of this before, but it will likely throw errors like that if the plugin is deactivated.

wwwindi

Yeah, I activated the plugin 1st.

Hmmm, strange. I have no idea what the problem is. I might take a look at the plugin in a few weeks if I have time, but it’s well down on my list of priorities sorry.

[quote:2mzl5zth]Got the php widget file and installed in wp content/plugins/widgets folder[/quote:2mzl5zth]

Did you install it in a folder within your plugins folder? If so, move it to the plugins folder itself. I can’t remember how it works as I coded it in a hurry a while back, it may require being in the main folder to work.

wwwindi

I put it in the plugin folder. This is the error msg:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/innecar4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/suckerfish_widget.php on line 49
    %BEG_OF_TITLE%%END_OF_TITLE%
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function suckerfish() in /home/innecar4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/suckerfish_widget.php on line 57

Thanks anyway –

Does the regular plugin support category and subcategory links?
    Thanks –
    W

wwwindi

Guess I will just have to use the plugin, not the widget and insert the necessary code in my theme.

Read the documentation for the plugin and categories/subcategories seem to be possible.

Thank you for your help. If you figure out the widget, let me know!

[quote:2bq1lr3i]
    Does the regular plugin support category and subcategory links?
    [/quote:2bq1lr3i]

Yes.

Although there is only one plugin anyway. Unless you count the widget which does nothing more than insert the plugin function into your widgetised area.

wwwindi

I actually got the widget to work, this time with a slightly less complex error msg.

When I had implemented the widget before, I had not yet activated the multi-level plugin to make it work.

The message is as follows displayed directly above the menu in the webpage:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/innecar4/public_html/wp-content/plugins/suckerfish_widget.php on line 49

If this is a simple fix, then maybe you can point me in the right direction, otherwise I will either find another way to do it or upgrade to premium when I can afford to.

Thank you-
    W

wwwindi

I actually got the widget to work, this time with a slightly less complex error msg.

When I had implemented the widget before, I had not yet activated the multi-level plugin to make it work.

The message is as follows displayed directly above the menu in the webpage:

If this is a simple fix, then maybe you can point me in the right direction.

I will probably be upgrading (when I can afford it) to your premium for vertical flyout menus.

Thank you again!
    W

I’m too busy to work on the widget right now sorry. It’s of minimal use anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.