where to put custom css?

Forums Forums Menus where to put custom css?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello!
    I just started making a website and downloaded the Multi-level Navigation Plugin to make a dropdown menu for my wordpress page.
    I managed to put up the dropdown menu, but i cant seem to edit the size and colors of it.
    I generated a code with the Multi-level Menu CSS Generator, but i dont know where to put the code.
    I put it in my themes CSS stylesheet, but it didnt work.
    It’s still big and blue instead of small and black (:

Can somebody tell me what ive done wrong and where i have to put the custom css code?

The menu bar also shows 3 mainpages which i dont want to be in the menu, these are categories, archives and links. How do i delete them from the menu?

this is my temperory site url: http://85.113.243.100/~scenebeaut/

I hope somebody can help me with this, thanks in advance!

p.s. my browser is IE8

Anonymous

You need to go to your WordPress dashboard.

Settings

Multi-level  Navigation plugin

Appearance

This is where you past the new CSS code, from the Multi-level Menu CSS navigation page.
    https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/products/suckerfish_css/

Take the old code and save it on a word doc just in case you need it later. But delete it from the Appearance box and copy/paste the new code, then save it. Then you just have to change the font size and line height in new CSS code. (the one you just paste/copy into the Appearance box). I changed my font from 18px to 10px and the line height from 40px to 20px, and it fit my menu drop down just fine

Thanks Trish. I wouldn’t recommend using MS Word for code though as it does all sorts of weird things to it.

Im sorry for this late reply, but thank you for your answer!
    I was looking in the edit plugins section.
    Didnt know i had to go to the settings section!

The edit plugins section is for actually editing the plugin files themselves which you generally would never need to do.

Anonymous

This post was very helpful, thanks, I was lost where to add my code, this explanation must be on the installation instructions page. Thank you.

"GLuna" wrote:
    This post was very helpful, thanks, I was lost where to add my code, this explanation must be on the installation instructions page. Thank you.

Thanks. Which specific instructions do you think should be on the installation page? I thought the instructions were pretty clear, but perhaps not.

PS: Sorry for the late response. I must have inadvertently forgotten to reply to your forum post at the time.

Anonymous
    "Trish" wrote:
    You need to go to your WordPress dashboard.

Settings

Multi-level  Navigation plugin

Appearance

This is where you past the new CSS code, from the Multi-level Menu CSS navigation page.
    https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/products/suckerfish_css/

Take the old code and save it on a word doc just in case you need it later. But delete it from the Appearance box and copy/paste the new code, then save it. Then you just have to change the font size and line height in new CSS code. (the one you just paste/copy into the Appearance box). I changed my font from 18px to 10px and the line height from 40px to 20px, and it fit my menu drop down just fine

Thanks Trish been 3 hrs trying to find this info you did it in lass that 30 sec thanks again

I’ll try to make this a little more obvious in the new version I’m working on at the moment.

I’m a little lost as to what is confusing about it, but since there seems to be so many people having trouble finding the admin page I’m obviously doing something wrong!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.