what happened to haschildren class on page menus ul li items

Forums Forums Menus what happened to haschildren class on page menus ul li items

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i am helping a friend update his wordpress blog from 2.8.6 to 2.9.2 and it seems that his menu requires the "haschildren" class on the "li" for pages…

I noticed that this class is added in his version on 2.8.6 but for some reason they do not get added in the 2.9.2 version…

Did you change the coding in a newer version of your plugin? I have done a clean instal of both wordpress and your plugin and still can’t get haschildren to be added to "li"’s that have submenu items.

any help would really be appreciated
    thanks
    jeff

Which plugin are you using?

Anonymous

On his 2.8.6 wordpress he has pixopoint… and that is what i put onto the 2.9.2 version that i was helping him with… it would not add the haschildren class to the list parent "ul li (with class=haschildren)"

his original wordpress site was using  the "haschildren" class to pick backgrounds for page links in the lists

for some reason it only displays in the final output code (view source) as …. class=""… no class name just empty… would it have to do with line 127 in the core.php file…[u:12t11yav] echo ‘<li’.$class.’>[/u:12t11yav]

nice plugin by the way… If only this would work… i could see other uses for it whit haschildren working.

Jeff

Anonymous

Hey Ryan,

Jeff told me about his problem with the pixopoint menu issue… I think i fixed his problem by not using the haschildren class as the css selector and instead i went with the class="sf-with-ul" to target the menu items that have submenus / levels (i do wish that the "haschildren" class was applied to the li itself for each line item that has children, for design and layout sake it would be easier). In his older version he was helping with was running on wordpress 2.8.6 and it worked great using the haschildren on the li’s.

With that said, the new version seems to also work great when using the above mentioned sf-with-ul.

what do you think, is my approach correct?…

I hope this helps a few other people.

I do think that this plugin has a lot of potential uses and i hope it still works when wp3.0 comes out… Do you have any thoughts or anticipated problems?

I’ll donate if i use this on any commercial projects… Great Work[size=180:2h7mtoo8]!![/size:2h7mtoo8]

thanks Ryan

cheers
    lane

This is a bizarre problem. I’ll definitely have it fixed before WP 3.0 comes out.

I’m rather frantic trying to fix other things at the moment, but will get to this as soon as possible, or immediately if one of our [iurl=https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/services/premium-support/]Premium Support Members[/iurl] requests it to be fixed.

Sorry for the bug. I’m not sure how this would have occurred or what is causing it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.