Using Horizontal Slider

Forums Forums Menus Using Horizontal Slider

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    bpritchard

So i’m setting up my site using the the menu plugin and REALLY want to have a horizontal slider style menu (aka where the submenus are flat and not stacked). After doing some research it appears that IF i were to purchase the advanced options support package and use the CSS generator i can indeed create a nice slider menu as i want. Problem is when i integrate it into my site the menu is still a stacked dropdown…

Are the various other menu layouts ONLY for PREMIUM users (aka those who spend 50 a month for support even if they don’t need direct support)?

bpritchard

So i guess this all goes unread by the guys making the tools. Thanks for that… waste of 6 bucks… appreciate the support.

No, the horizontal menus are definitely available to Advanced Features subscribers.

If it worked in the CSS generator it should work on your site. I can’t really help without seeing the code though.

[quote:1mp9jaos]So i guess this all goes unread by the guys making the tools. Thanks for that… waste of 6 bucks… appreciate the support.[/quote:1mp9jaos]

Sorry, I was busy. Support doesn’t come with the Advanced Features deal, you get that with the premium support option. You don’t need to waste money though, if you are unhappy you can request a refund (https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/contact/) or if you need more time to get it working or something went wrong then I can extend your subscription if you like.

bpritchard

Thanks for the response. I never got it working on my end so i pretty much gave up. I really would like to get horizontal menus in place if possible… anything we could do to make that happen would be great.
    Thanks!

"bpritchard" wrote:
    I really would like to get horizontal menus in place if possible… anything we could do to make that happen would be great.

I just need to see the code, that’s all. Not much I can do to help without seeing what you did wrong.

bpritchard

I don’t have the code handy anymore and i can’t recreate it but i was simply using the CSS template generator and kept everything default, aside from changing it to be horizontal menus. From there i simply cut/pasted that into the pixiopoint menu #1 css window (replacing all that was there). Ultimately the menu still worked but i did not get the horizontal dropdowns… yet i did in the css window.

now i am using the newer pixopoint menu plugin and not the older one… could that possibly have been the issue?

"bpritchard" wrote:
    now i am using the newer pixopoint menu plugin and not the older one… could that possibly have been the issue?

No, that won’t be it.

If you don’t have the code then I guess it isn’t a problem anymore then?

I can’t fix anything without seeing what the problem is sorry.

bpritchard

Being as I can no longer use the advanced features to recreate the exact code with your css utility then yes, i to am going to assume this is no longer a problem.

Thanks.

I’ll reactivate your subscription for you so that you can have another try.

It should be working again in a minute or so.

bpritchard

ok here is the bit of code from the css utility..
    [code:17es5317]

#suckerfishnav {
        background:#9C1F1B url("../multi-level-navigation-plugin/images/suckerfish_red.png") repeat-x;
        font-size:18px;
        font-family:verdana,sans-serif;
        font-weight:bold;
        width:100%;
        }
    #suckerfishnav, #suckerfishnav ul {
        float:left;
        list-style:none;
        line-height:40px;
        padding:0;
        border:1px solid #aaa;
        margin:0;
        }
    #suckerfishnav a {
        display:block;
        color:#dddddd;
        text-decoration:none;
        padding:0px 10px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li {
        float:left;
        padding:0;
        }
    #suckerfishnav ul {
        position:absolute;
        left:-999em;
        height:auto;
        font-weight:normal;
        margin:0;
        line-height:1;
        -moz-opacity:0.85;
        opacity:0.85;
        khtml-opacity:0.85;
        border:0;
        border-top:1px solid #666666;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li li {
        border-bottom:1px solid #666666;
        border-left:1px solid #666666;
        border-right:1px solid #666666;
        font-weight:bold;
        font-family:verdana,sans-serif;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li li a {
        padding:4px 10px;
        font-size:12px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li ul ul li {
        width:170px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li ul ul a {
        width:171px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li ul ul {
        width:171px;
        margin:0 0 0 -1px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li ul ul ul {
        margin:-21px 0 0 171px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li li:hover {
        background:#9C1F1B;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li ul li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li li:hover a {
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover a {
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover li a {
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul ul {
        left:-999em;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li.sfhover ul {
        left:auto;
        background:#444444;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover {
        background:#DA0909;
        }
    #suckerfishnav .current_page_parent {
        background:#B13733;
        }
    #suckerfishnav .current_page_item {
        background:#D31510;
        }
    #suckerfishnav .current_page_parent a:after, #suckerfishnav .current_page_parent li a:after, #suckerfishnav .current_page_parent li li a:after, #suckerfishnav .current_page_parent li li li a:after, #suckerfishnav .current_page_parent li li li li a:after {
        content:"";
        }
    #suckerfishnav .current_page_parent a:after, #suckerfishnav li .current_page_parent a:after, #suckerfishnav li li .current_page_parent a:after, #suckerfishnav li li li .current_page_parent a:after {
        color:#000000;
        }
    #suckerfishnav .current_page_item a:after, #suckerfishnav li .current_page_item a:after, #suckerfishnav li li .current_page_item a:after, #suckerfishnav li li li .current_page_item a:after, #suckerfishnav li li li li .current_page_item a:after {
        color:#000000;
        }

[/code:17es5317]

I copy/paste that into the CSS code box for the first menu and the flyouts are still horizontal dropdowns not the type defined here.

Thanks

Your CSS code appears to be working fine. I can’t see any problems with it.

I’m guessing your problem is related to something else on the page, but like I said earlier, there isn’t much I can do to help without seeing the code sorry.

bpritchard

hmm ok. I’m using the arras theme so i don’t really have any ‘code’ i’ve done… wouldn’t really even know where to begin. I’ll dig around on their side of things and see if there are issues w/this menu type
    thanks

If you are using a theme then you have the code, the theme is what is creating the code. All I need to see is the site with the theme and menu activated.

For me to "see the code" all you need to do is post a link here which demonstrates the problem. I can almost guarantee this will take about 30 seconds to fix but I’m working blind right now so can’t really be of much assistance to you.

bpritchard

the site is located here…

http://www.annosoft.com/annosoft_launchpad/

the menu is on any page of that site. That menu is using the code that i pasted up earlier, aside from a couple of colour changes.

Thanks again for ur help!

Try removing this stuff (and the corresponding </div> tags). It looks like the existing CSS is overwriting the plugins’ menu so get rid of those tags will hopefully fix it. You may need to leave the clearfix class (and it’s DIV tag) in and just remove the nav-content ID if the menu ends up out of alignment.
    [code:7jjwkeb7]    <div id="nav">
        <div id="nav-content" class="clearfix">
    [/code:7jjwkeb7]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.