[update] identical items in two menu’s?

Forums Forums Menus [update] identical items in two menu’s?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mkleywegt

Hello and congratulations on a fine plug-in.

I am facing this challenge:

I would like to define two menu’s to be shown on different pages.
    These menu’s would have mostly identical items. However, when selecting items, only one instance is allowed.

Is there anyway to circumvent this?

[s:3esvcpp3]Another option would be to be able to display the same menu twice, but with a different conditional php class , thus css editable. Actually, this would be the solution for me.[/s:3esvcpp3]

UPDATE – I realised I could do this myself.

Now the only wish I have left, is to be able to use the same menu-items in both menu’s. Is this on the cards in any way?

Any help would be much appreciated!

To display the same menu on multiple pages, but with different styling, simply style the menu based on the body class of the page you are on (you might need to add specific classes to the body tag if your theme doesn’t already include them).

mkleywegt

Yes, that worked out well.

Any light you could shed on my second question – how to use duplicate items on the two menu’s?

Thanks in advance.

You can’t currently use duplicate items in the two separate menus. I’m considering adding support for that in a new version of the PixoPoint Menu plugin though. I’m also considering adding the ability for those who know PHP to create their own plugins which add extra menu items into the existing plugin. There have been quite a few people here in the forum who have posted new hacks to add into the core of the plugin, but with the system I have in mind they actually be able to create their own plugins to hook it in automatically. That way when I update the core plugin, their own menu items won’t be lost. I could also create a section here on the site for users to submit "community created" menu items.

I’m still working on the new beta release of the plugin though and I probably won’t have this functionality out by the time that is released. I’ll be looking at doing it some time within the next month or so though.

In the mean time, I can custom build anything you require (directly into your theme or as a separate plugin) as part of our Premium Support service … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/services/premium-support/.

"Ryan" wrote:
    I’m also considering adding the ability for those who know PHP to create their own plugins which add extra menu items into the existing plugin.

This may be ready sooner than I intended. Since writing this post I’ve been comtemplating the best way to go about doing this and managed to get a working solution operating about two minutes ago. It’s not ready for release yet, but I’ll probably have it included in the next beta release (which I was intending until this morning).

mkleywegt

Sounds great!

I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks.

This will hopefully make my own life easier too as it has been awkward to add new menu items in the past. With this new system, I can make them very rapidly with negligible effort and little risk of introducing bugs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.