Slow load

Forums Forums Menus Slow load

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stickyshift

Been using Multi-Level menu for a bit now, but unfortunately it seems to make my website load even slower than what it used to. When i then tried to disable the plugin in WP, the site suddenly started loading faster.

What is the reason for this? Tried to disable most settings in the menu options, but still no help :S Traceroute doesn’t give any errors or faults on the connection either.

Website is: http://www.octgalaxy.no 

What specific file is causing the problem?

The only one which is likely to cause any problems, is the style.php file. For whatever reason, some servers seem to take forever to load the page whereas 99.99% of all other servers load it as quickly as they do a static file.

There is an option in the plugins admin page which will allow you to deactivate the built in CSS style sheet, then you can simply load it from your themes CSS file or any other static CSS file you may happen to have loaded on each page.

stickyshift

Yes it seems like it’s the style.php that gives the site an even slower load time. Firebug says it uses 2.82sec to load. Unfortunetly, im not the best person with css and php, so not sure how to fix this. Is it possible to get a bit help on the way to do this?

I already gave instructions above:
    [quote:14v9gwy9]There is an option in the plugins admin page which will allow you to deactivate the built in CSS style sheet, then you can simply load it from your themes CSS file or any other static CSS file you may happen to have loaded on each page.[/quote:14v9gwy9]

You don’t need to know any CSS or PHP to fix it.

Anonymous

Hello,
    I am also having loading problem on one of our websites and when I use firebox to isolate which elements are loading slowly, there are three massive ones… all fromthe PixoPoint Menu plugin. They are style.php (which you addressed nicely above), hoverintent.js and superfish_settings.js

Any suggestions on how to get those items moving a bit faster? The website in question is lakejoseph.com not a terribly complex top nav menu ontent wise but we did like the aesthetic options your plugin provided so I’d rather not switch to a simpler version.

Thanks very much for your help.

Try the latest beta … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/products/pixopoint-menu-beta/

It fixes all those problems.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.