Security warning

Forums Forums Menus Security warning

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pakijon

Hello I wanted to try out your drop down menu component in my WP site but my WP security scanner is giving me a warning sign about your codes. Please clarify. Thank you.

Here is the report:

[b:981ogsh8]Exploit
    [/b:981ogsh8]
    File/Dataset Description
    /wp-content/plugins/pixopoint-menu/scripts/superfish.js:11
    Could be JavaScript code used to hide code inserted by a hacker.
    eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,r){e=function(c){return(c<a?”:e(parseInt(c/a)))+((c=c%a)>35?String.fromCharCode(c+29):c.toString(36))};if(!”.replace(/^/,String)){while(c–)r[e(c)]=k[c]||e(c);k=[function(e){return r[e]}];e=function(){return&#

/wp-content/plugins/pixopoint-menu/scripts/superfish.js:11
    JavaScript code used to hide suspicious code, but can also be legitimate code.
    on(c){return(c<a?”:e(parseInt(c/a)))+((c=c%a)>35?String.fromCharCode(c+29):c.toString(36))};if(!”.replace(/^/,String)){while(c–)r[e(c)]=k[c]||e(c);k=[function(e){return r[e]}];e=function(){return’\w+’};c=1};while(c–)if(k

/wp-content/plugins/pixopoint-menu/scripts/jquery.simpletip-1.3.1.pack.js:14
    Could be JavaScript code used to hide code inserted by a hacker.
    eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,r){e=function(c){return(c<62?”:e(parseInt(c/62)))+((c=c%62)>35?String.fromCharCode(c+29):c.toString(36))};if(‘0′.replace(0,e)==0){while(c–)r[e(c)]=k[c];k=[function(e){return r[e]||e}];e=function(){return’

/wp-content/plugins/pixopoint-menu/scripts/jquery.simpletip-1.3.1.pack.js:14
    JavaScript code used to hide suspicious code, but can also be legitimate code.
    c){return(c<62?”:e(parseInt(c/62)))+((c=c%62)>35?String.fromCharCode(c+29):c.toString(36))};if(‘0′.replace(0,e)==0){while(c–)r[e(c)]=k[c];k=[function(e){return r[e]||e}];e=function(){return'([3-9a-zB-Z]|1\w)’};c=1};while(c

None of that code is from the PixoPoint Menu plugin.

It looks like you have been hacked. I don’t think this is likely to be caused by the plugin, but I’m very keen to have a look at the files if you could send them to the address on this page … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/contact/

The warnings should go away if you just re-upload the plugin as it should over-write all those problems.

The latest beta version of the PixoPoint Menu plugin has some extra security stuff in place which would theoretically prevent code like that from being outputted via the plugin … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/pixopoint-menu-plugin-beta-0-8/

Actually, that’s the .js files which have been hacked. I assumed initially it was the .js.php files which were outputting code direct from the options table.

Are any of your other files displaying warnings? Or just the PixoPoint Menu plugin ones?

My best guess right now is that your site has been hacked, and all of your .js files have had nasty code injected into them. But I can’t tell from here unfortunately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.