SADFACE. slimbox2 seems to have stopped working… but why?

Forums Forums Slimbox2 plugin SADFACE. slimbox2 seems to have stopped working… but why?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bc

This WP plugin has been working perfectly for me, but after recently going back on some old posts, realized that it no longer functions.

I’ve been staring at the code for a couple hours but I can’t figure it out. Don’t see why it would matter since my old code never changed, and it used to work… now instead of bringing up the lightbox modal, it sends me directly to the image file against a white bg.

Check here: http://www.effortlessgent.com/how-to-ro … ench-cuff/

Plugin is installed. Tried deactivating all other plugins to see if that would help but it didn’t.

Any other suggestions? Another 10 sets of eyes would be a big help I’m sure.

Thanks.

malcalevak

It looks like at some point in time you added something to your website (additional plugin, theme change, etc) that wasn’t coded properly.

Looking through your html it looks like the culprit is the comment validation plugin. Basically instead of loading jQuery by using the WordPress provided copy, it’s attempting to load it using it’s own copy. Since jQuery is already loaded, and this new copy isn’t set up correctly, you get a conflict and as a result, slimbox2 doesn’t work.

I’d recommend telling the comment validation author to fix his plugin, though an alternative would be to comment out his line of code that loads jQuery.

bc

brilliant. i appreciate you taking a look. it seems as though there were several calls to the jquery library, not only in the plug in but also one in the header.php template. i removed all but one. everything seems to work now.

thanks for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.