New WordPress

Forums Forums Menus New WordPress

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rhaya

Hey Ryan,

Just wondering if this plugin is still compatible with the new version of WordPress 2.7. I am getting ready to upgrade a blog that uses your plugin, and wanted to be sure everything with the navigation will still be working properly once I do!

Thanks,
    Rhaya

Yes, the new version uploaded last night is 100% compatible with WordPress 2.7.

There was a minor bug in the admin page which caused the previous plugin to display slightly out of position, but it still works. The new version (1.0.7) doesn’t have that problem.

rhaya

Thanks Ryan. I am using a slightly modified version on photosbyjennifer.com/blog/ that includes recent posts… I am a little hesitant about how upgrading to the new version of your plugin and/or WordPress might affect this. Any advice?

If you have added recent posts functionality to the core code of the plugin then upgrading to a new version of the plugin would be a bad idea. If you’ve just modified the code in your theme, then don’t worry about it, upgrading both WordPress and plugin shouldn’t affect your menu. Even the first beta releases of this plugin will work with WordPress 2.7, so don’t worry about upgrading WordPress. WordPress has little/no effect on what the plugin does since it is simply adding extra code to your theme. The only potential problems are minor errors in the way the admin panel is displayed, but that isn’t a major problem, the admin page may just look a little oddball that’s all, it will still be functional.

rhaya

Thanks for clarifying the upgrade. I think I will keep the current menu version and over look anything funky on the admin panel.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.