"More" Tag not working with Pixopoint Menu Plugin 0.6.20

Forums Forums Menus "More" Tag not working with Pixopoint Menu Plugin 0.6.20

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    baweibel

Until a week or so ago, I could insert the <!–more–> tag in a post and it would create an excerpt on the home page. Suddenly, the more tag ceased working and by process of elimination, I have discovered I can get it back again if I disable the Pixopoint Menu Plugin. Any reason why this might suddenly be happening? I tried the new beta version of Pixopoint but can’t get it to work right, so have now reverted to the 0.6.20. I’m seeing this in both Firefox v 3.5.9, and Safari, and I’m on a Mac, though that shouldn’t make a difference.

My site is http://holeinthedonut.com. My theme css is at: http://holeinthedonut.com/wp-content/th … /style.css. I have absolutely no idea where the css file for Pixopoint menu is, although the path to the plugin is, as would be expected, http://holeinthedonut.com/wp-content/pl … point-menu. I looked at both the editor.css and admin.css but both said they were not the css for the menu, so I don’t know where else to look. I have customized the menu bar css via the panel in the plugin. Since I can’t point yoi to the file, here is the css as it exists at this moment:

#suckerfishnav {
        background:#6E9F1F;
        font-size:18px;
        font-family:verdana,sans-serif;
        font-weight:bold;
        width:86.1%;
        }
    #suckerfishnav, #suckerfishnav ul {
        float:left;
        list-style:none;
        line-height:40px;
        padding:0;
        border:1px solid #aaa;
        margin:0 0 0 70px;
        width:86.1%;
        }
    #suckerfishnav a {
        display:block;
        color:#ffffff;
        text-decoration:none;
        padding:0px 10px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li {
        float:left;
        padding:0;
        }
    #suckerfishnav ul {
        position:absolute;
        left:-999em;
        height:auto;
        width:180px;
        font-weight:normal;
        margin:0;
        line-height:1;
        border:0;
        border-top:1px solid #666666;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li li {
        border-bottom:1px solid #666666;
        border-left:1px solid #666666;
        border-right:1px solid #666666;
        font-weight:bold;
        font-family:verdana,sans-serif;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li li a {
        padding:4px 0px;
        font-size:12px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li ul ul {
        margin:-23 0 0 100px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li li:hover {
        }
    #suckerfishnav li ul li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li li:hover a {
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover a {
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover li a {
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul ul {
        left:-999em;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li.sfhover ul {
        left:auto;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover {
        }

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Barbara Weibel

That sounds like a very bizarre problem.

It’s certainly not CSS related, it must be PHP related, but I have no idea what would be causing that.

aua

I have the same problem, i have just installed the plugin and now all my <!–more–> tags dont work, and just as "baweibel" if i disable the Pixopoint Menu Plugin, they work just fine.

Hope someone can help us, because de plugin is really great and i really need it for this site.

Here the links to the site: http://www.gpsproperty.cl/

i don’t know if this is relevant but i’ll post just in case.
    This is how i’m calling de content:

[code:2aehm4mb]<div class="info_home">
    <h1><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h1>
    <?php the_content("Continúa leyendo...  "); ?>
    </div>[/code:2aehm4mb]

I still have no idea what could be causing it, but for bug-tracking purposes, perhaps try deactivating your plugins, then see if you have the same problem.

If that doesn’t work, try changing to the default theme.

If that doesn’t work, try install the lastest beta of the plugin to see if that has the same problems … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/2010/02/12/pixopoi … -beta-0-8/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.