Missing Admin Page

Forums Forums Menus Missing Admin Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    octoberskies

I read in the readme file there’s supposed to be an admin page within Settings/Options to customize it? Quote:

"Visit the "Multi-level Navigation" page in your WordPress options menu."

I don’t have one. Aside from being able to remove or deactivate in the Plugins area, there’s no mention of it at all as far as I can see.

It can be found under the ‘Settings’ list in your admin panel.

octoberskies

It usually would, yes, but it’s not there. In fact, all the similar plugins I tried today as an alternative didn’t install an admin page for it despite the readmes saying it would. So I guess I’ll have to upgrade because I don’t know what else it could be.

ETA:
    I tried using the regular pixopoint menu and I still don’t have anything in the settings. So I tried to access the admin page manually and it gives me an error on line 25:

[code:2beh0lm6]add_action(‘admin_menu’, ‘show_suckerfish_options’;[/code:2beh0lm6]

It sounds like you probably have a buggy plugin which is messing up your admin panel. Either that or your site may have been hacked.

octoberskies

There’s a poll plugin that has a newer version out, maybe that’s it?

I don’t know what anyone would hope to gain by hacking a sims fansite. I would also expect to see more damage than just plugins not installing their admin settings.

I have no idea if your poll plugin could be causing your problem. It is impossible for me to find the problem without seeing the site.

[quote:1q6u47nb]I don’t know what anyone would hope to gain by hacking a sims fansite.[/quote:1q6u47nb]

Lots. There is a huge amount of money to made by taking control over websites no matter what the content of the site is. If they’ve done a good job of hacking your site I would not expect there to be any obvious signs of hacking.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.