Menus disappearing in Windows but not on Mac???

Forums Forums Menus Menus disappearing in Windows but not on Mac???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    subtel

Hi.  I’m using the PixoPoint Multi-level Navigation Plugin.  This is my website: http://www.subtelforum.com.  I had the problem with the drop downs disappearing behind the header, but was able to fix it by adding the z/index CSS that is saw in one of these forums.  Here’s my problem.  Everything works fine on my mac, in both Safari and FIrefox.  But I had a co-worker check it on his PC, in both IE and Firefox, and on the PC the menus still go behind the flash animation that is beneath the header.  I can’t even see the problem from my mac.  So, the menus work on mac but not on the PC.  Any idea why?  What should I do?  Please help.  Thanks!

adiant

I spent a month off and on building my own drop-down menus, mostly working on the CSS.  It worked perfectly…..but only in IE8!

From that I learned that making all browser friendly menus is a tough business that requires the time to test on all conceivable browsers.  Fortunately, there are now tools and web sites that help you do that, but it still takes a whole lot of time.

I haven’t tried the new beta product (Pixopoint Menu Plug-in) yet, but when using the PixoPoint Multi-level Navigation Plugin, I realized that I had to stick with the Suckerfish multi-level CSS Generator at https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/suckerfish_css/  And to make only the most minor modifications (e.g. – width specifications) to the resulting CSS.

@subtel – that’s a problem with the implmentation of Flash. For whatever reason it lays the content over the top of EVERYTHING unless you specify otherwise.

Here’s something I posted elsewhere about the issue:
    [quote:r557qawc]
    You need to add this between your OBJECT tags:
    [code:r557qawc]<param name="wmode" value="transparent">[/code:r557qawc]

And this in an EMBED tag
    [code:r557qawc]wmode="transparent"[/code:r557qawc]

So your code should look something like this:
    [code:r557qawc]
    <object>
      <param value="blabla.swf" / >
      <param name="wmode" value="transparent" / >
      <embed src="transparency.swf" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
      </embed>
    </object>[/code:r557qawc]

[/quote:r557qawc]

I haven’t actually checked your site, but since you mentioned Flash I’m 99.99999% certain that is the problem you are experiencing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.