Menu Titles are aligned to the left, cannot change to justified or centered or even both..

Forums Forums Menus Menu Titles are aligned to the left, cannot change to justified or centered or even both..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rudeseal

My site I am building from scratch is at:

http://www.jamesparkershield.com

I’ve set the menu bar so it is centered and aligned to the background picture that is the header of the site, but the titles cannot be centered and/or justified so it looks real goofy.  Need some help on how to make this work.. correctly..

Also, as a secondary question.. I tried using the CSS Generator for some vertical menues, but when I click on the "Submit Design", then demo menu at the top stays at horizontal, not sure if the upgraded premium membership is working with it.  I also saw no difference in the CSS Generated Code with the WP Optimized on or off..

my CSS Code is here:

/* 
    Theme Name: JPS Theme
    Theme URI: http://www.JamesParkerShield.com
    Version: 1.0
    Description: A theme based upon US Senator Max Bacus’s website
    Author: Bob Rudeseal
    Author URI: http://www.Seal-Industries.com
    */

/* Begin Header and Styling */

#header {
    background: #3f7591 url(‘images/Header-1.jpg’) no-repeat bottom center;
    }

h1.center {
    font-size: 2em;
    text-align: center;
    }

#headerimg {
    margin: 7px 9px 20;
    height: 107px;
    width: 800px;
    }

#headertxt {
    text-align: center;
    }

/* END Header and Styling */

/* Begin Menu styling */

#suckerfishnav {
        background:#CCBF86 repeat-x;
        font-size:13px;
        font-family:helvetica,sans-serif;
        font-weight:bold;
        text-align:left;
        width:100%;
        }
    #suckerfishnav, #suckerfishnav ul {
        list-style:none;
        line-height:20px;
        padding:0;
        border:1px solid #aaa;
        margin:0 auto;width:62EM;
        }
    #suckerfishnav a {
        display:block;
        color:#000;
        text-decoration:none;
        padding:0px 10px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li {
        float:left;
        padding:0;
        }
    #suckerfishnav ul {
        position:absolute;
        left:-999em;
        height:auto;
        width:101px;
        font-weight:normal;
        margin:0;
        line-height:1;
        border:0;
        border-top:1px solid #666666;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li li {
        width:99px;
        border-bottom:1px solid #666666;
        border-left:1px solid #666666;
        border-right:1px solid #666666;
        font-weight:bold;
        font-family:verdana,sans-serif;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li li a {
        padding:4px 10px;
        width:80px;
        font-size:13px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li ul ul {
        margin:-22px 0 0 100px;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li li:hover {
        background:#A43815;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li ul li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li li:hover a {
        color:#fff;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover a {
        color:#fff;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover li a {
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul ul {
        left:-999em;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li.sfhover ul {
        left:auto;
        background:#A43815;
        }
    #suckerfishnav li:hover, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover {
        background:#B3A776;
        }

/* End Menu Styling */

The first question has been answered in the premium members board.

The second problem was probably caused by using the wrong URL for the CSS generator. The premium generator is currently hosted at a different URL.

The reason for using a different URL for the premium CSS generator is because the regular CSS generator receives a huge number of hits each day and it was putting too much stress on the server to check if each user was logged in as a premium member each time the submit button was pressed. The URL is provided to users on registering, but it doesn’t seem to be prominent enough. Once I have more time I’ll setup a better way for premium users to access the CSS generator as this is the second time someone has had trouble with finding it.

The first question has been answered in the premium members board.

The second problem was probably caused by using the wrong URL for the CSS generator. The premium generator is currently hosted at a different URL.

The reason for using a different URL for the premium CSS generator is because the regular CSS generator receives a huge number of hits each day and it was putting too much stress on the server to check if each user was logged in as a premium member each time the submit button was pressed. The URL is provided to users on registering, but it doesn’t seem to be prominent enough. Once I have more time I’ll setup a better way for premium users to access the CSS generator as this is the second time someone has had trouble with finding it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.