Menu Left Aligned???

Forums Forums Menus Menu Left Aligned???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    webowner

Hello, I am using your AWESOME wordpress plug-in. PixoPoint Menu Plugin – on my professional photography site http://fodphotosite.com[/url:2ajt9n3m%5D, however few questions.

1. One the sub-menu, under PhotoGallery – how do I get all text on the Left?
    2. The sub-links under Canada is way to far over on the right, how do I bring that link closer to the main menu on the left?
    3. How do I change color of font? I do not have "enable editing panel"
    4. How do I change the background color from red to blue?

Any help greatly appreciated. Please PM for further details and I hope u can reply ASAP and help.

Many thanks

webowner

Can anyone please help me with this?

ronthai

Hi,
    It is very easy. Go to the Pixo menu settings (under settings in the admin), choose advanced (nothing advanced about it), there you have the css for the menu. You can change anything you want. I see you have now the standard red, but that could be any color if you change the image.
    See my post a few days ago I have an attachment on there how my menu looks.

Anyway your main problem, in the css look for this line:
    #pixopoint_menu1 ul ul li {
    under that before the closing } you will see a width: 100px;
    could say 80 or 120, with that number you can change the width of ALL chilld and grandchild menu’s.
    Now the key is the child menu position stays the same if you change that width number, like in your case.
    6 places up from the bottom of the css, you will see this long line, with an other width in there.

#pixopoint_menu1 li li:hover ul,#pixopoint_menu1 li li.sfhover ul,#pixopoint_menu1 li li li:hover ul,#pixopoint_menu1 li li li.sfhover ul {
    margin-left:120px;

That width changes the grandchild position, so to move Alberta next to Canada. If you align your menu text to the left you could also overlap, since the grandchild will show on top of the child menu.

Just play around with it.
    To start, do a select of ALL the css and copy it, paste it in notepad or something, so you always have a backup.

I just started 2 weeks ago so am still learning, but I love to play around with everything see what it does. Trial and error, mostly error, but that is where the backup come in.

Oops I forgot to tell you how to get your text to the left. Well the css has nothing to indicate that it comes from there. My best guess is that you have in your header.php an <align="right"> or probably even a <div align….. ,well Pixo hates <div …..> so that is a good place to start looking. Good chance it is somewhere in the header.php where you pasted the pixo menu code.

I am sure you’re proud of the flash logo but for me Firefox 4.0.1 it does some strange thing. like the blauw background crawling in, so that also might be a problem for your menu.

Here is also a good link which I use to learn about css, since I was/am a newbie since 3 weeks
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Good luck, Ron

I agree to everything!

webowner

Thank you very much for the reply. I haven’t yet been able to try this, but really appreciate your help.

Please also tell me how to remove the 2nd Home word on the menu.

And how to change the whole menu bar to blue, not red – without using images. Is there a way to make the background blue? I’d like to have it the same color of my site to tie in.

This is the first I have used pixopoint menu, but so far works well.

Please PM me with your email address.

Thankyou!

ronthai

To make the menu blue again css.
    2 ways:
    1 (best option=image) you will see 3 times in the css dazzle_red.png, change that to dazzle_blue.png. The image is already in the pixo images plugin folder together with many more colors. Just download the images folder to your computer (or unzip the whole plugin zip-file on your computer) and you can see al background images in any image viewer.
    2 (ugly plain no 3d effect) delete all 3 references to the image url:……… dazzle_red.png;
    and set the color code in front of that to the color of your choice.

The double Home buttons, my guess is that you have a page called Home and in Pixo menu setting also have the home button in the top row. One of those you will have to remove. Best is the page, just delete it to trash or in the page button setting of Pixo add the ID of the page called home to the exclude option.

Sorry, but I will not PM you my email.
    The whole idea of a forum like this to have it always available for everybody, so people with simular issues, can find it here. If we do this by email then the solution(s) will not be in the forum.

Again I must stress that the Flash logo is interfering with your menu. It always overflows over your menu when the background blue color comes through and then the menu buttons are no longer clickable. As you can see that the Home-Home-About Us-Blog >> buttons are only clickable for 30% at the bottom the above is overwritten by your flash logo (this can be changed with the z-index in the css of pixo – set it higher or the z-index of the flash)

Good luck and do not be afraid to just try and see what happens in the menu css, have a backup at hand and change 1 thing at a time, save, refresh your blog and see what the change did or did not do. Be sure to have ALL cache plugins turned OFF when doing changes, otherwise they will not show since your blog will just use the cache and not the new settings in the css

webowner

Thank you very much indeed for your response and help. I have since had to move in a different direction and am no longer using PixoPoint menu.

I will however, keep it very much in mind for the future.

Best regards.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.