Menu Content tab Missing in Admin Settings

Forums Forums Menus Menu Content tab Missing in Admin Settings

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bobbartley

Hey,

Let me start by saying thanks for a great tool.

I have install the multi-level menu plugin and it was working really well, no problems at all.  I added the code as instructed to the header.php all good.

I then adapted the menu contents and this was also fine.  I then used the css generator to create a new theme and pasted it into the appearance tab of the multi level menu settings.

This changed the appearance but now when I want to change the menu contents the button is now missing.

I have deactvated the plugin, deleted it and then uploaded it again but the problem still exists.  The menu is visible on the blog but i can not see the menu contents button in the multi level menu settings.

Do I need to change code in another wordpress file?

Site: http://tinyurl.com/6bb-blog
    regards,

Bob

Is there a blank option in the admin page? Or you can’t see it at all?

bobbartley

There used to be the menu content button now there is nothing.

bobbartley

I can still see the appearance and home tabs.

As seen in the attached image.

Jeeze, that’s pretty weird
    Could you view the source code and dump it in here please? Or attach it to the post.

There is probably an error showing up in the source code which would hint as to what is causing this.

bobbartley

hey really appreciate you taking the time to look at this, i forgot to mention I am using wordpress 2.65, not sure if that makes any difference.

(I am just beginning to learn wordpress and I want to learn php next)

attached is the page source view

Thanks. WP 2.6.x should work fine, I’m taking a look for you now.

There is a lot of non-sensical looking code in there.

Do you perhaps have your WP install set to a different character encoding than the default installation? Perhaps for a different language? I’ve never heard of either of these issues being a problem but it is the only explanation I can come up with right now.

It looks like a bunch of the character codes are all messed up and at one point it messes up an IE conditional comment and turns a large portion of the rest of the page into one big HTML comment, hence you can’t see it.

Have you tried re-downloading the plugin and overwriting the existing plugin files? I’m wondering if maybe the plugin files are corrupted and that’s why they’re outputting such strange code.

bobbartley

Perhaps I should reinstall wordpress and test it again.  Fortunately the blog is not officially active yet, just testing it out to see what plugins suit my needs the best etc.  I am using for my primary school class this year in Australia.

I have already uploaded a freshly downloaded version I will try again though.

Thanks!

Hi,
    If the rest of WordPress is working, then I doubt installing WordPress will be necessary. At last resort that may be worth a crack though.

Until I hear from anyone else having a similar problem I’m just hoping it isn’t some sort of clash between the plugin and whatever server setup you are using.

bobbartley

thanks for all your help!

Have you got it working yet?

bobbartley

Yes.  After installing another version of wordpress, it is working.  I did have some other issues, like the flash uploader wouldn’t work but in the new install it does.

I think that wordpress files may have been corrupt for the get go.  I am glad the site wasn’t active!

Whew, that is a relief then! I’d been worried you were triggering some sort of major bug in the plugin which I wasn’t aware of.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.