links to internal pages

Forums Forums Menus links to internal pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jjspelman

Hi, I just downloaded your plug in and so far so good. Being that I am new to WP, I am curious as to how to link custom menus to internal pages. How do I generate a new page in WP without using an existing parent?

In your custom menu example, for instance, you list several nested fly-outs with external links. But I want pages within the site linked to them. I can’t use categories (i don’t think) because they’re are part of WP parent system.

I ask that because new pages have to have a parent, and be listed on the side bar.

For example, this is a blog with over 100 entries, but I want to add 30 products in 5 categories. But I don’t want them on the side bar or anywhere else but a drop down menu. If I add "products" via the WP admin as it’s own parent, it gets listed in the side bar. If I add child pages to products, they too get listed. How do I do this?

Hope you can understand this. LOL

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,
    I think I understand most of what you just asked.

All new pages do not have a parent by default. You usually need to set the page parent for it to work.

Stuff is appearing in the sidebar because your theme is displaying whatever those items are automatically. That is unrelated to this plugin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.