javascript conflict

Forums Forums Menus javascript conflict

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    palgrave

My MLN wordpress plugin stopped working when I installed an accordion for use elsewhere in the site.

How did that happen if the plugin creates a pure css menu?

Because some of the features of the menu use javascript. If you turn off all of the various functionalities in the settings section of the plugin page you will be able to avoid the conflict. Also, the menu does use a script to provide support for the :hover pseudo class in IE6 and older browsers, but I suspect that functionality is not conflicting with your accordian menu.

The conflict is probably caused by the other plugin not using the enqueue method to load their scripts.

palgrave

Thanks Ryan.  I was using an accordion based on scriptaculous, but changed it to mootools and that solved the problem.

Yep, that would do it. It’s generally a good idea to stick to a single javascript framework though to keep your page downloads to a minimum.

I apologise for my previous shonky advice by the way. There was a minor bug in the plugin which prevented the jQuery script from deactivating when the various settings were changed on the admin page. Now they will deactivate and load a regular suckerfish script so long as the values for delay time and hide time are blanked out (values of zero should work, but I haven’t gotten around to correcting that yet).

palgrave

Hey, no worries at all.  Anybody who understands javascript gets my respect!

Just as an aside, is there any way to make the top level links not go anywhere when clicked?

palgrave
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.