Indomagz theme

Forums Forums Menus Indomagz theme

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Ryan,
    I love this plugin – it solves a HUGE problem for me. I’m using the indomagz theme. The old nav bar had this code:

<a href=â€[code]<a href=â€

Hi Theo,
    WordPress has removed most of your code from your comment unfortunately so I can’t answer your question.

I’ll download the indomagz theme in a few hours and have a look and see if I can sort a solution for you.

Hi Theo,
    WordPress has removed most of your code from your comment unfortunately so I can’t answer your question.

I’ll download the indomagz theme in a few hours and have a look and see if I can sort a solution for you.

Anonymous

Argh!! Thanks SO much for taking a look – I can email you the code if you’d like as well.

Anonymous

Argh!! Thanks SO much for taking a look – I can email you the code if you’d like as well.

Theo – that was a VERY bizaare problem!

It turns out that your theme behaves rather strangely when floats are added to the layout. You can get around this issue by adding clear:both; to the content-wrapper ID in your themes CSS file as follows:

#content-wrapper {clear:both;padding: 20px 0px 20px 0px; background: #ffffff; overflow:hidden;}

You will also likely have some problems associated with your theme specifying styling for unordered lists, so it would pay to specify that styling only for the main content area. You can do this by editing the CSS file in your theme as follows:

#content-wrapper ul{list-style:square;padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
    #content-wrapper ol{padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 10px; }
    #content-wrapper li{margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

If you replace the existing menu bar including it’s border (#navbar) the menu should appear correctly. However if you place it inside the #navbar DIV tag it will probably not display correctly as for some reason they have specified overflow:hidden on that box. To correct this you will need to edit #navbar in your themes CSS file as follows:

#navbar {background: #ECF3F8;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Verdana;color: #444;font-weight: bold;padding: 8px 0px;border: 1px solid #b0c4de; }

Other themes should be a lot easier to use the plugin for. This is a particularly tricky one that’s all.

Theo – that was a VERY bizaare problem!

It turns out that your theme behaves rather strangely when floats are added to the layout. You can get around this issue by adding clear:both; to the content-wrapper ID in your themes CSS file as follows:

#content-wrapper {clear:both;padding: 20px 0px 20px 0px; background: #ffffff; overflow:hidden;}

You will also likely have some problems associated with your theme specifying styling for unordered lists, so it would pay to specify that styling only for the main content area. You can do this by editing the CSS file in your theme as follows:

#content-wrapper ul{list-style:square;padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
    #content-wrapper ol{padding:0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 10px; }
    #content-wrapper li{margin: 0px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

If you replace the existing menu bar including it’s border (#navbar) the menu should appear correctly. However if you place it inside the #navbar DIV tag it will probably not display correctly as for some reason they have specified overflow:hidden on that box. To correct this you will need to edit #navbar in your themes CSS file as follows:

#navbar {background: #ECF3F8;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Verdana;color: #444;font-weight: bold;padding: 8px 0px;border: 1px solid #b0c4de; }

Other themes should be a lot easier to use the plugin for. This is a particularly tricky one that’s all.

Anonymous

Ryan-YOU ROCK! Thanks very much! The final implementation will be at http://www.awakenthesleeper.com if you’d like to check it out. I put it in and it works, just need to tweak the look. This solves a huge stumbling point for me with WordPress. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Ryan-YOU ROCK! Thanks very much! The final implementation will be at http://www.awakenthesleeper.com if you’d like to check it out. I put it in and it works, just need to tweak the look. This solves a huge stumbling point for me with WordPress. Thanks so much!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.