IE Menu Drop

Forums Forums Menus IE Menu Drop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    nick_w3

Hello,

I am having an issue with IE shifting the drop down menu over to the right of the top level link, instead of below it (which works it all other browsers).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is a great plugin!

URI: http://www.beverlyhillsprofiles.com

Thank you!

Your problems seem to be caused by modifications you have made to it. What did you modify in the menus CSS?

Also, for some reason the javascript for <IE6 isn’t showing either. Have you done anything to remove the javascript? Or is there a problem with the plugin which is causing this? I double checked my test install and it is functioning fine – I can’t replicate the problem you have.

Your problems seem to be caused by modifications you have made to it. What did you modify in the menus CSS?

Also, for some reason the javascript for <IE6 isn’t showing either. Have you done anything to remove the javascript? Or is there a problem with the plugin which is causing this? I double checked my test install and it is functioning fine – I can’t replicate the problem you have.

nick_w3

The CSS was mostly just modified for styling and position.

We had to pay someone to fix it before, but after installing the WP upgrade to 2.6.1 it stopped working properly in IE7. I did not change or replace any of the files in /themes or /plugins, so I am at a loss as to what the core issue is.

Thank you for checking this out for me.

nick_w3

The CSS was mostly just modified for styling and position.

We had to pay someone to fix it before, but after installing the WP upgrade to 2.6.1 it stopped working properly in IE7. I did not change or replace any of the files in /themes or /plugins, so I am at a loss as to what the core issue is.

Thank you for checking this out for me.

[quote:3rey7c60]We had to pay someone to fix it before, but after installing the WP upgrade to 2.6.1 it stopped working properly in IE7.[/quote:3rey7c60]

I doubt that it was the upgrade which caused your problem. There were no changes (that I am aware of) in WP2.6.1 which changed the HTML/CSS output.

Do you have an example page of how your menu worked before? That would make it a lot easier to bug fix where the problem has crept in.

[quote:3rey7c60]We had to pay someone to fix it before, but after installing the WP upgrade to 2.6.1 it stopped working properly in IE7.[/quote:3rey7c60]

I doubt that it was the upgrade which caused your problem. There were no changes (that I am aware of) in WP2.6.1 which changed the HTML/CSS output.

Do you have an example page of how your menu worked before? That would make it a lot easier to bug fix where the problem has crept in.

nick_w3

Well it works in Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc just fine it’s just IE that throws a fit over it. Uploading my backup of the old style files didn’t seem to fix the issue. Usually this kind of behavior in IE suggests to me that its a inline display or margin issue, but I have tried all the usual hacks/fixes and I’ve had no luck.

nick_w3

Well it works in Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc just fine it’s just IE that throws a fit over it. Uploading my backup of the old style files didn’t seem to fix the issue. Usually this kind of behavior in IE suggests to me that its a inline display or margin issue, but I have tried all the usual hacks/fixes and I’ve had no luck.

Anonymous

Ryan,

I have a question for you.  I have no problem placing your script on the bottom of the header.php code.  But have you ever tried to put the drop down menu in the middle of a header.  I have still not completely succeeded, but still trying.

http://www.bloomingdalechurch.net

Anonymous

Ryan,

I have a question for you.  I have no problem placing your script on the bottom of the header.php code.  But have you ever tried to put the drop down menu in the middle of a header.  I have still not completely succeeded, but still trying.

http://www.bloomingdalechurch.net

I’m not surprised it isn’t working. Your HTML looks like this:
    [code:1gcpd87s]<ul>
    <ul id="suckerfishnav">[/code:1gcpd87s]

You can’t have a UL tag inside another without a LI tag.

You probably have something like this in your theme …
    <?php suckerfish(); ?></ul>[/code:1gcpd87s]

Try removing the <ul> tags and your menu should start working better. If it doesn’t correct it, feel free to post back and I’ll take another look.

I’m not surprised it isn’t working. Your HTML looks like this:
    <ul id="suckerfishnav">[/code:1gcpd87s]

You can’t have a UL tag inside another without a LI tag.

You probably have something like this in your theme …
    <?php suckerfish(); ?></ul>[/code:1gcpd87s]

Try removing the <ul> tags and your menu should start working better. If it doesn’t correct it, feel free to post back and I’ll take another look.

Anonymous

IE problem ? the dropdowns display but when I scroll over them they disappear.
    Works with firefox but header is now messed up.

Anonymous

IE problem ? the dropdowns display but when I scroll over them they disappear.
    Works with firefox but header is now messed up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.