how to make top level pages "non-linked" ???

Forums Forums Menus how to make top level pages "non-linked" ???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    garybeck

I noticed that in some of the example sites and even on the PIXOPOINT home page, if you mouse over one of the menu items that has child pages, the top level link is "inactive" or "non-linked".

For example, on the pixopoint site, if you click on "services" which is top level, nothing happens.  you have to select one of the child pages.

for top level pages that have no child pages, they are active and when you click on them (like the About page).

how do I do this????????

thanks!

There’s an option in the PixoPoint Menu plugin for doing that:
    https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/2009/07/26/removin … wordpress/

Anonymous

I downloaded the PixoPoint plugin you recommend but when I try to activate it, I get a message saying WordPress can not activate because of a fatal error. I have WordPress 3.0 and am using Atahualpa 3.5.1. Any ideas why this is happening? I just want to make my parent pages unclickable and still have child pages shown and clickable under them.

Hi,
    Sorry for the ridiculously long wait time before I have replied.

It sounds like your plugin is corrupt, or there’s a weird clash with another plugin or your theme.

Anonymous

Hi there seems to be a bug with this on WordPress 3.1.3.  Ive been trying to get this to work but although it loads the menu, it spits out some php errors/warnings above it on the page and also it doesnt prevent the listed Page ID URLS from linking.

The site Im developing is currently in maintenance mode, but a quick google of the first warning ("Missing argument 2 for wp_kses()") and it appears a couple other sites have encountered this problem, eg. http://www.sellwebsitetips.com/blog-cat … a-website/

This is the full warning:
    Warning: Missing argument 2 for wp_kses(), called in /home/sellwebs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pixopoint-menu/core.php on line 539 and defined in /home/sellwebs/public_html/wp-includes/kses.php on line 501

Warning: Wrong parameter count for explode() in /home/sellwebs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pixopoint-menu/core.php on line 539

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sellwebs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pixopoint-menu/core.php on line 541

Im a novice at php so dont know whats going wrong, any ideas how I could amend the code to correct this?

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.