How do you create thumbnail images for the magazine still

Forums Forums Templates and themes How do you create thumbnail images for the magazine still

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ckole

First off, thanks for the great tool to generate wp themes!

I don’t understand how to make thumbnail images appear for the magazine style on the home page.
    Is there are naming convention that needs to be used if I create the thumbnails manually?
    When creating posts are the thumbnails so how supposed to be created?
    Am I missing a plugin?

So that’s my first question. Hopefully other things I can figure out on my own by looking at the code.

Thanks,
    Chris

ckole

Never mind I found out how to do it.
    You have to have a custom field called thumbnail and then put the path of the file there.

Glad to hear you got it working.

The default thumbnail (which appears when you don’t specify a custom field) can be controlled via the settings page.

Anonymous

im having difficulties getting this thumbnail thing to work correctly.

you (ryan) mentioned that the default thumbnail can be controlled via the settings page.  do you mean the Settings>Media page?  if so, all i have available are size settings.

i have the pixo point default graphic showing up on my posts.

There is a specific admin page for the theme. You can find under settings in your WP admin panel.

‘Settings’ > ‘PixoPoint Theme’

Anonymous

I went into settings and I am able to change the thumbnail. However, if I have more then 1 post for that image it uses the same thumbnail for all of the posts.

So my question is how do I have a different thumbnail for each post?

Thanks,
    Jeph

You need to add a custom field with the name ‘thumbnail’ and add the URL for the image there.

The WordPress project may have auto-thumbnail generation built in by default in version 2.9 so this process may become considerably simpler in the future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.