Horizontal scrolling problem when browser view smaller than image

Forums Forums Slimbox2 plugin Horizontal scrolling problem when browser view smaller than image

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Horizontal scrolling does not seem to work when the image is wider than the browser. Vertical scrolling however does seem to work. You can verify this by resizing your browser to a smaller size than the image.

malcalevak

This is a problem with the Slimbox script, and not the WordPress plugin itself.

I believe the author is aware of it, but feel free to make sure by using the links provided in the readme and elsewhere.

It’s generally not recommended that you display pictures that are wider than most screens, though I admit that I’m guilty of doing this myself (but I have plans to eventually swap images).

Anonymous

This screenshot shows what happens when the picture is wider than the screen. I’m using FF3.0.5 with XP SP2. This behaviour is consistent across several sites using Slimbox.

malcalevak

That shouldn’t have anything to do with the width of the image…it also shouldn’t occur in version 0.9.5

Which version was that taken with?

Anonymous

I can confirm that the above happens with 0.9.5. Check out
    http://www.maxsyma.com/2008/07/14/ich-bin-zu-mude/ to see what happens with wide images (horizontal scrolling does not work).

malcalevak

@maxsyma-My reference to what shouldn’t be occurring in v0.9.5 was to what Larry was referring to, not the bit about wide images not scrolling to which I already responded.
    [quote:gd7q3b8i]This is a problem with the Slimbox script, and not the WordPress plugin itself.

I believe the author is aware of it, but feel free to make sure by using the links provided in the readme and elsewhere.

It’s generally not recommended that you display pictures that are wider than most screens.[/quote:gd7q3b8i]

If someone is getting an issue like the one Larry shows, please post a reference link to a site with the problem and the browser used so I can see it in action.

Anonymous

I have the same issue and 2 examples :

– when the image is wider than the navigator  – wrong scrolling :
    http://www.deace.com/blog/2009/02/paris-by-night/%5B/url:25v0ksrj%5D

– when the image is taller (height) than the navigator – good scrolling :
    http://www.deace.com/blog/2009/02/teknival-italie-150802-liberation/%5B/url:25v0ksrj%5D

thanks in advance if you have a solution to this.

malcalevak

I would greatly appreciate it if people would fully read this thread before posting regarding something that has already been addressed.

YET AGAIN:
    [quote:16f2hm87]This is a problem with the Slimbox script, and not the WordPress plugin itself.

It’s generally not recommended that you display pictures that are wider than most screens.[/quote:16f2hm87]

I specifically asked for people to post only if they show a similar glitch with the next/previous buttons as shown in Larry’s post.

If you are in fact having a similar problem (and not the repeatedly addressed matter of images that are too wide not scrolling), in addition to the wide scrolling, I apologize, but was unable to see it. You’d need to better describe the situation that results in this problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.