Have to click "Close" twice before image actually closes

Forums Forums Slimbox2 plugin Have to click "Close" twice before image actually closes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aprinsen

Hello! I love this plugin. It’s so great.

One minor thing. It is making me click on "Close" twice every time I want to exit out of the image. Any idea why this would be?

Here’s a link to my site where I’m using the plugin where it’s making me click "close" twice:
    http://andrewprinsen.com/weddings/?page_id=225

It seems like it’s inverting after the first click – the bottom bar where "Close" is becomes black instead on white.

malcalevak

You appear to be running two similar plugins, slimbox and lightbox. As a result, both are being created, but slimbox is on top. When you close slimbox, you see the lightbox. You’re going to want to disable one or the other.

As an aside, I noticed your site is loading both the prototype and jQuery libraries, and 4 similar javascript plugins (slimbox, lightbox, thickbox, and fancybox). If at all possible, you really want to select plugins that will utilize the same library (my recommendation is jQuery, it’s half the size), and only load the specific plugins that you’re using. I’m not going to poke around your site to check, but I obviously recommend you stick to slimbox! Of course, sometimes thickbox makes more sense, since I believe it handles more than just pictures, and sometimes you just like the particular look of things.

Anyway, it’s up to you what you want to run on the site, I just thought I’d make those observations. The culprit for your issue is that you’re running both a lightbox (which may be the reason prototype is also loading) and slimbox script, and you should only run one.

Anonymous

Awesome. That worked. Thanks so much for the response!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.