Excluding categories from navigation

Forums Forums Menus Excluding categories from navigation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jm100

Hello, I have downloaded the multi-level navigation plugin and am having difficult excluding categories. having read a few post on the topic I have tried entering the post name as well as the post id eg ‘?cat=20’ and both result in the navigation returning only ‘home’ and ‘no categories’ items. I suspect this is down to operator error but have run out of ideas as to what I am doing wrong.

if any use css is at…

ftp://ftp.someothermovie.com/home/thefi … /style.css

"jm100" wrote:
    having read a few post on the topic I have tried entering the post name as well as the post id eg ‘?cat=20’

Definitely don’t include anything to do with a post to remove a category. You only need to add the ID for the category itself. To exclude multiple categories, then separate each ID with a comma.

jm100

I know I wrote ‘post’ name and ‘post’ id but I meant ‘category’ name and ‘category’ id. This is what I did which produced the result described below.

You just need to include the ID. Including the name will cause it to break.

I’m looking to improve this in the future so that this is easier to do. Using category ID’s is quite awkward but seemed like a sensible option when I was writing that section of the plugin.

If you are still having problems, perhaps post the exact code you added to the input field so I can see what you are doing incorrectly. Or a screenshot could work too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.