Embed codes

Forums Forums Templates and themes Embed codes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    pmaz621

Hi, I used your theme generator . . . very nice tool thank you.  One issue that I am having is that with some of my plugins when I place the ebbed code for (example: [sermons], [gallery] ) for them to show up on a page, they do, but there is some extra space between the title and where the plugin stuff starts. I don’t know how to fix this.  Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Paul 

I can’t help without seeing the problem sorry. Do you have a link to an example of this happening?

pmaz621

Sure, here is a link to a photo gallery. 
    http://www.rinconpres.org/rmpc-members/gallery/

Thank you for your prompt response, any help in the right direction is appreciated.

Ah, no wonder that didn’t make sense to me. It’s not an issue with the embed codes, it’s a CSS problem. They’re probably clearing their floats which is causing the problem.

You will need to find a way to prevent the plugin from clearing it’s floats.

Actually, if you can figure out what element specifically is being floated, then I could add an exception in the template generator to prevent that plugins container from being floated/cleared at all.

I’m uploading a new version of the template generator which corrects for this problem with the NextGen Gallery.

To correct it in your current theme, you can simply add the following to your themes style.css file:
    .ngg-galleryoverview {clear:none;}

Thanks for reporting this. If you find any more problems like this just let me know and I’ll try to sort out a similar fix for it.

I see the gallery is also doing something weird with hovers. Is this unique to the template generated theme?

pmaz621

Thank you for your help.  This also helped by figure out how to fix one of my other plugins which was having the same problem.  The gallery is doing something weird with hovers, had not really noticed. . . I tested it on the default WP theme and it does not do that, so it seems unique to the generated theme.  Do you think that is a CSS problem too?    I limited the number of columns that the gallery allows in the options menu and that seems to have fixed it. (The default is to put as many pix on the page as the theme will allow).  Hopefully this helps. Thanks for pointing that out to me. And thanks again for the help and the generator.
    -Paul

Yes, that will be a CSS problem. I’ll try to get that fixed tonight. I don’t have a gallery added to the example page, but

pmaz621

One more embedded code issue that (I think) might be template related.  On http://www.rinconpres.org/sermons/ we have a filter form that comes with a plugin.  For some reason, one of the filter fields (start date) does not show up.  It works fine with the default theme, so I think it is the template, but I am not sure.  I have also posted a question on the plugin author’s forum, but I was thinking this also might be a CSS problem and thought I would check with you too.  Thanks again for your promptness, I know you are busy.
    -Paul

Message sent to Alex Rabe, the developer of the NextGEN gallery plugin:
    [quote:22601mx1]Hi,
    A user of my WordPress template generator
    (https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/generator/) reported some clashes to me on implementing your NextGEN gallery system with their theme. I’ve corrected for one of them caused by the use of clear:both and I’m about to correct for another. Clearing your floats shouldn’t be necessary if the floated elements are self-cleared as they should be, but I can see why you have that there. The other issue is related to how the image hovers function though and I think you should add a fix for it. If the theme uses CSS which alters the padding of image links, your gallery will glitch. To counteract that, you could add the following CSS so that your own plugins CSS controls the behaviour of the hovers.

.ngg-gallery-thumbnail img:hover {
          background-color: #A9A9A9;
            border:1px solid #A9A9A9;
            padding:4px;
    }

I’m about to add a fix within the template generator to correct for this, but you may like to add it just to improve compatibility with other themes which don’t compensate for your plugin.

Here is the original forum topic about this issue …
    https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/forum/index.php?to … sg3719#new

cheers,
    Ryan[/quote:22601mx1]

Don’t worry about how busy I am. I need as many bug reports like this as possible.

Lol, don’t bother the plugin developer with fixing the FORM issue. That is because we are both using the same ID for our CSS. I should have known better than to use a generic ID like ‘date’. I’ll change it to something more obscure to get rid of the clash.

The image hovering problem can be corrected by adding the following to your CSS:
    [code:13lfzxz4].ngg-gallery-thumbnail img:hover {background-color: #A9A9A9;border:1px solid #A9A9A9;padding:4px;}[/code:13lfzxz4]

The FORM issue can be corrected by removing #date from your themes CSS file. If you had been using the date feature in your header, then you would need to have changed the ID in the HTML and CSS, but since you aren’t using it then that won’t be a problem.

Or you can re-export your theme as I’ll have fixes for these in the template generator shortly (hopefully within 30 mins).

The template generator should now contain fixes for all of these issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.