Dropdowns falling behind middle column

Forums Forums Menus Dropdowns falling behind middle column

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

That sounds like a Z-index problem most likely. If you don’t have it sorted by tomorrow I’ll take a look and see if I can sort a fix for you.

Nice touch for your theme by the way. The hearts certainly do make your site stand out.

That sounds like a Z-index problem most likely. If you don’t have it sorted by tomorrow I’ll take a look and see if I can sort a fix for you.

Nice touch for your theme by the way. The hearts certainly do make your site stand out.

I had a quick look now, and I suspect your .postspace2 or #content in your CSS has a Z-index higher than those hearts. If you try changing your Z-index for those, you should be able to fix the hearts problem (I think). Hopefully it doesn’t break something else in the process though!

I had a quick look now, and I suspect your .postspace2 or #content in your CSS has a Z-index higher than those hearts. If you try changing your Z-index for those, you should be able to fix the hearts problem (I think). Hopefully it doesn’t break something else in the process though!

Anonymous

I think everything is working now. It was an overflow hidden issue. Pretty dumb reason–I’m no coder.

Anonymous

I think everything is working now. It was an overflow hidden issue. Pretty dumb reason–I’m no coder.

I’m loving this plugin! Just wanted to know if it’s possible to tweak it so that if you have more than 15 items on the “wing outâ€

I’m loving this plugin! Just wanted to know if it’s possible to tweak it so that if you have more than 15 items on the “wing outâ€

Here’s some code to display Pages, Categories, Blogroll and Archives …

[code:15iw2bp0]<ul id="suckerfishnav">
    <li><a href="#">Pages</a>
    <ul><?php wp_list_pages(‘title_li=’); ?></ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#">Categories</a>
    <ul><?php wp_list_categories(‘title_li=’); ?></ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#">Blogroll</a>
    <ul><?php wp_list_bookmarks(‘title_li=&categorize=0’); ?></ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#">Archives</a>
    <ul><?php wp_get_archives(); ?></ul>
    </li>
    </ul>[/code:15iw2bp0]

Here’s some code to display Pages, Categories, Blogroll and Archives …

[code:15iw2bp0]<ul id="suckerfishnav">
    <li><a href="#">Pages</a>
    <ul><?php wp_list_pages(‘title_li=’); ?></ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#">Categories</a>
    <ul><?php wp_list_categories(‘title_li=’); ?></ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#">Blogroll</a>
    <ul><?php wp_list_bookmarks(‘title_li=&categorize=0’); ?></ul>
    </li>
    <li><a href="#">Archives</a>
    <ul><?php wp_get_archives(); ?></ul>
    </li>
    </ul>[/code:15iw2bp0]

The double columns you are asking for in the dropdown would be tricky. It may be possible to do this by applying a width to each item and then floating them left or displaying them inline to cause them to show as two columns. This should be possible to do by modifying the CSS file, but you will need to know quite a lot about CSS to do it and it’s not something I intend to do myself.

Bug – I also know very little about Javascript. The Javascript for this plugin is borrowed from elsewhere and doesn’t do anything more than correcting bugs in very old browsers. If you find a way to create a delay, I’d love to hear about it!

The double columns you are asking for in the dropdown would be tricky. It may be possible to do this by applying a width to each item and then floating them left or displaying them inline to cause them to show as two columns. This should be possible to do by modifying the CSS file, but you will need to know quite a lot about CSS to do it and it’s not something I intend to do myself.

Bug – I also know very little about Javascript. The Javascript for this plugin is borrowed from elsewhere and doesn’t do anything more than correcting bugs in very old browsers. If you find a way to create a delay, I’d love to hear about it!

Anonymous

Thanks for the code, Ryan! I probably won’t do it immediately because I’ll have to break down my blogroll into smaller categories for all of them to fit. That’s what I did with my a-z authors and titles. I just split them in half and that seems to work well.

Thanks again for a wonderful plug-in!

Anonymous

Thanks for the code, Ryan! I probably won’t do it immediately because I’ll have to break down my blogroll into smaller categories for all of them to fit. That’s what I did with my a-z authors and titles. I just split them in half and that seems to work well.

Thanks again for a wonderful plug-in!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.