Dropdown is working fine but is blocked by post…

Forums Forums Menus Dropdown is working fine but is blocked by post…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    emil

Hey, great plugin, works great.

I hope you have a solution for this–I am trying to use the NextGen Smooth Gallery plugin as a makeshift header, right below the excellent suckerfish dropdown nav.

The only problem is that the smooth gallery is now "in front" of the dropdown menu, and even though suckerfish still works, it is being blocked, essentially, by the smooth gallery.

Check out my staging site to get a clearer understanding:
    http://tiny.cc/NsWsu

Thanks so much for your awesomely user-friendly plugin, btw–I’ve tried others that were much more complicated and less reliable.

Hi,
    Try adding a z-index to your #suckerfishnav, #suckerfishnav ul in your CSS:

[code:tjzqvmgl]#suckerfishnav, #suckerfishnav ul {
        z-index:100000000000000;
        float:left;
        list-style:none;
        line-height:40px;
        padding:0;
        border:1px solid #aaa;
        margin:0;
        width:100%;
        }
    [/code:tjzqvmgl]

emil

Hmm, I pasted in the code, but it’s still showing up behind the gallery… any other thoughts?

The dropdowns are working fine in your site on FF3.0.

Or is it a particular browser you are having troubles with?

emil

Wow, you’re right… thanks man!

Anonymous

Thanks for the CSS code.  It seems its worked for me in IE (firefox extension, and IE 7.0.5730.13) , but not in Firefox 3.0.1.  Any help anyone?

Nobody can help without seeing the code sorry.

Anonymous

I’m finding the z-index fix works under most circumstances, once you reduce the actual figure used to a more manageable 10 – that long string of zeroes seems to disappear from the CSS with some browsers, leaving the z-index as 1 and stopping the fix working.

But z-index:10; is fine across most Windows browsers (I don’t have access to a Mac or a Linux box). Checked successfully in IE6, IE7, FF3, Chrome, Flock and Safari for Windows. It only failed in Opera, which I seem to remember famously has z-index problems. Will research and post again.

Anonymous

Further to last comment, you can solve the Opera problem by giving the Clear Gallery slideElement class a z-index of 1.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.