Does anyone mind telling me what/where to put things?

Forums Forums Menus Does anyone mind telling me what/where to put things?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

MY WEBSITE MUST BE DONE THIS WEEK OR I WILL FAIL OUT OF COLLEGE!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!
    http://www.blaseweb.com/notredame/

1) I used the CSS Generator to create a custom menu look.

2) I activated the plug-in.

3) I put the CSS generated there into the Appearances tab under Settings –> Multi-level Navigation.

4) I put the CSS in my style.css file.

5) I put in my header from an example on https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/suckerfish_css/:
    <ul id="suckerfishnav">
    <li><a href="">Tomato</a></li>
    <li><a href="">Capsicum</a></li>
    <li><a href="">Cucumber</a></li>
    </ul>

6) I replaced that HTML with:
    <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>

NO MATTER WHAT I DO, the listed items just list down the page. In other words, it’s just bulleted TEXT! There’s no menu, no drop-down. This plug-in doesn’t do anything at all to my page. NOTHING.

I looked at several other people’s pages, and they have all kinds of stuff in the <head></head> area, and all kinds of stuff around where the menus are actually generated. By WordPress is generating NONE of that! And NOWHERE did I see anything telling me to put it in. Furthermore, I put it in manually, and it did NOTHING. Why is your plug-in not working?

Fail out of college? That sounds rather serious.

The menu seems to be working fine on your site, I can’t see any problems with it and there is nothing wrong with the plugin (or at least nothing major that I’m aware of). You do have some PHP errors showing up on your pages though, but that is presumably caused by your theme.

If this is for an assignment or something like that, then you may want to clean up the HTML as it is full of all sorts of old school HTML tag soup. You are likely to get marked down heavily if you are being marked on the code.

You also have two unordered lists with an ID of #suckerfishnav. You can only use an ID once on a page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.