CSS not coming through when using permalinks

Forums Forums Menus CSS not coming through when using permalinks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jeremy_g

When I change the structure of my permalinks from the default the suckerfish CSS no longer comes through on Firefox and IE, it does still work with Chrome though.
    I am using Firebug in Firefox and the CSS at /wp-content/plugins/multi-level-navigation-plugin/style.php says "There are no rules in this stylesheet."
    However, when I go back to the default permalink structure, Firebug has all the CSS info.  It may be part of the known bug, when I choose to enable Inline CSS it works fine. Any suggestions?  Thank you.
    http://www.jgfashion.com

That is indeed the known bug you are seeing.

If you navigate to http://capefearriverwood.com/wp-content … /style.php in Firefox, it displays fine. If you navigate to the same URL in IE7 it triggers an error. This is a common problem with that bug.

Others have reported that only certain combinations of permalinks have triggered this bug. To fix it, you can either find a permalink setup which works, use the inline CSS option (not recommended) or copy and paste the CSS into your themes CSS file (recommended).

That should (in theory) fix your problem.

I still have no idea what causes it. I’ve never been able to replicate it and none of the PHP experts I’ve asked about the matter have been able to help.

jeremy_g

Thanks for the help.  Why is inline not recommended?

Inline CSS places the code on [b:pbtpjcbi]every[/b:pbtpjcbi] page on your site. If you keep it in an external file, then users will only need to download that code once, no matter how many pages they visit. Inline CSS also fouls up media specific style sheets, such as handheld and print style sheets.

A specific problem which occurs, is that references to images from the CSS generator are incorrect for inline CSS, so those images will not show up unless you manually modify the code to suit.

In general, separation of content and presentation is desirable. This was the purpose for the creation of CSS in the first place, but the original concept has been muddied by the ability to include inline styling of elements.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.