Can’t figure out how to get multiple drop downs!

Forums Forums Menus Can’t figure out how to get multiple drop downs!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lycrake

Hi there

Been having a bit of a nightmare with this, but its probably me being stupid. I’ve looked everywhere on the forum but still couldn’t figure it out!

Across the top of the nav bar I have "ABOUT" "COURSES" "PARTNERSHIPS"

And I want each of those links to have a drop down menu (children?) e.g under ABOUT I want ‘Things we do’ and ‘Contact us’ Under COURSES, I want "Programmes" and "Children"

I just cant figure out how to do it- I can get one link which says PAGES and then have all the pages under it, but cant get each page to have chidren…

Please help

Thanks

lycrake

Right i’ve figured it out, its not too obvious (I thought), but ill put it here for people who are stumped like me!

Under PixoPoint Multi-level Navigation Plugin you first have to make sure that the PAGES option is under one of the Menu items (mine is under #1). This will show all the pages in your WordPress setup, you don’t have to define each one of your pages under a separate menu item!

Then you have to set the the parent child settings under the PAGE tab in your WordPress dashboard. So for the pages you want UNDER the main headings of your menu, you have to go into the edit page dialogue, and tell it who its parent is under the attributes panel.

Once this is saved it wil show up in your menu and figure it out automatically.

Another thing worth mentioning which is obvios, I wanted to have a gradient effect behind my menu so obviously needed to upload an image and repeat-x in the CSS. For people who don’t realise, there is a "multi-level-navigation-plugin" folder under your wordpress PLUGINS folder, which has an images folder which it need to go in. Not your template images folder. Probably obvious, but stumped me for a bit!

Hope that helps!

"lycrake" wrote:
    For people who don’t realise, there is a "multi-level-navigation-plugin" folder under your wordpress PLUGINS folder, which has an images folder which it need to go in. Not your template images folder.

Definitely don’t do that! As soon as you upgrade the plugin, your images will be deleted.

Either upload the images via the WordPress media uploader, or place them into your theme folder.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.