Aligning items within the menu to the right and left

Forums Forums Menus Aligning items within the menu to the right and left

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    KNIGHT

First off thanks for creating this amazing tool. I have successfully implemented this great plugin but I can’t get to do one thing.

My top-level menu has Home, Categories (single dropdown), Custom 1 and Custom 2. Custom one just has links to pages and Custom two has three links and a searchbox (form). My question is how can I have empty space between Custom 1 and Custom 2?

How can I align Home, Categories (single dropdown), Custom 1 to the left and Custom 2 to the right?

The CSS spaces everything equally:
    #suckerfishnav li {
    float:left;
    padding:0;
            padding-left:10px;
            padding-right:10px; }

Thanks!

KNIGHT

Also the padding from the CSS snippet above applies to ALL items. Is there a way to have different padding values for the items within Custom 2 alone?

KNIGHT

I’m willing to pay obviously if this requires a great degree of customization.

KNIGHT

Can someone please tell if this is even possible?

Anonymous

I wish to do the same thing.  I had my page all sorted out with the about button floated to the right before installing the plugin.  I had to create separate css entries for each button but at least I could get it sorted out.  I can’t seem to do the same thing with this plugin.  I tried playing with the css, but seemed to make things worse :-(  We’d both appreciate a reply if anyone’s figured this out :-)

Hi,
    Yes, you just need to apply the padding to the ID specific to whatever menu you are trying to position differently. We do customizations like this as part of our premium support deal … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/premium_support/

KNIGHT

I got it!

Here’s what you need to do:

Everything under normal li tags is aligned to the left. Everything wrapped within <li class="list2"> is aligned to the right. Works like a charm.

#suckerfishnav li {
    float:left;
    padding-right:10px;
    }
    #suckerfishnav .list2 {
    float:right;
    padding-right:10px;
    }

Anonymous

OK, dumb question probably but…

Which css file are you editing to style the menu. All the css files w/i the plugin folder are marked "do not edit this file"

The drop down is working for me but I would like to change some of the styles.

I’m using the "mountain-dawn" theme and the URL is http://jannmirch.com/theseed/

I haven’t touched the plugin styles. The WP style sheet is http://jannmirch.com/theseed/wp-content … /style.css

Anonymous

Knight, if you are still checking this… Can you do multiple links in one of the Custom boxes? Do you have an example of what you are talking about where one of the ‘links’ is aligned to the right while everything else is aligned to the left?

I’m trying to figure out how the links work. I have set up Home. Then refreshed the page and only ‘Home’ is there.  Then, a Custom 1 box which is an About link to a page. Then it is fine.

Then I set up Archives (dropdown Months) and Categories (dropdown) months, and then the order is all wacked out, even though I’m specifiying it the Main Menu contents.

Not sure how it all works except I keep testing it.  I have it almost all worked out except for the order of all the links I want.

It’s a great plugin! If I can get this to work I will definitely be donating to Ryan’s work, this has saved me a great deal of trouble since my Designer has had some personal problelms and left the project!

Jann – the CSS is stored in the database so there is no need to go editing files. Simply modify the CSS in the plugins admin page.

KristiBug’s problem is being dealt with via premium support now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.