Upgraded MLNM > PixoPoint: can old plugin folder be deleted?

Forums Forums Menus Upgraded MLNM > PixoPoint: can old plugin folder be deleted?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nv1962

Hi (sheepish grin)

Well I finally discovered why MLNMP isn’t subjects to updates anymore… So I installed its replacement, PixoPoint menu plugin.

First off: wow. That’s some serious upgrade, with seriously great new functions!

Now, I read that it doesn’t mess with the inherited CSS – I had deactivated the CSS in the "old" plugin and placed it in the theme’s stylesheet – and indeed, in spite of the different class name family (no more suckerfish references, now they’re all pixopoint) it still shows up the way it’s supposed to. Not only that, I immediately jumped on the opportunity to switch in the search box (speaking of a great idea and improvement!) and it works like a charm.

So, question: will the sky fall on my head if I physically remove (delete) the old and inactive MLNMP folder? I mean, will PixoPoint Menu still "remember" that it has to read "pixopoint" where it’s seeing "suckerfish" or do I have to somehow recreate the CSS?

Sorry for the long ramble… Just thrilled with the new plugin here! Oh yeah: lemme know if it’s translation update time again… Odds are there are "some" strings to be done!

Hi,
    Yep, you can remove the MLN plugin. Just don’t go deleting it via the admin panel as that would will run an uninstallation script which will turn off most of your settings. But you can definitely delete it via.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.