Menu shifted up and 2 line description?

Forums Forums Menus Menu shifted up and 2 line description?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    pcguy

I have a site at http://www.healeyvisual and have removed the logo from the site. Now I think the following problem is template related but just wanted to check. Without the logo the pixopoint menu is shifted further up in the site header in FFox and in IE7 (not as bad in IE7). The line where the pixiopoint call in the header.php has not changed. The builtin menu in the template if it is used is fine in that it is located on the dividing line between the header and the body.

Also is there any way of having a menu item that is on two lines? Would like to have like to have menu item containing two words which I would like to break into two lines of the menu. Is this possible at all?

Hi,
    Your page is not loading for me at all.

pcguy

Sigh would help if I gave you the complete url http://www.healeyvisual.com

Hopefully that works.

No, that wasn’t the problem. It wasn’t loading at all, even with the full URL. It seems to be working fine now though.

You may find it easiest to place the menu into position via absolute positioning:
    [code:1cx4o6r4]#pixopoint_menu1_wrapper {
    position:absolute;
    top:200px;
    }[/code:1cx4o6r4]

You can set it to any height on the page that you want then. You can also move the source code anywhere too.

Something like this should position it 200px from the top of the page, set the width at 800px and center it (I haven’t tested it though, so just let me know if something isn’t working with the code).
    [code:1cx4o6r4]#pixopoint_menu1_wrapper {
    position:absolute;
    top:200px;
    width:800px;
    margin:0 auto;
    }[/code:1cx4o6r4]

[code:2gmct2r1]Also is there any way of having a menu item that is on two lines? Would like to have like to have menu item containing two words which I would like to break into two lines of the menu. Is this possible at all?[/code:2gmct2r1]

Er, sort of. You could set the height of a specific menu explicity via the ID of the LI tag.

pcguy

[code:3a7yexre]Er, sort of. You could set the height of a specific menu explicity via the ID of the LI tag.[/code:3a7yexre]

I added an example on the site just now. "Interactive Whiteboards" is what I would like to see spread across two lines ie Interactive on the first line and Whiteboard on the 2nd line) even if the font was somewhat smaller for its text.

It still appears to be just covering a single line.

pcguy

Correct I do not understand how specifying the height of a menu would stack these words so that the menu does not wrap around when viewing the site at 1024×768.

P.S. Worked around the menu wrap around @ 1024×768 by removing a menu item.

[quote:1roe4o14]Correct I do not understand how specifying the height of a menu would stack these words so that the menu does not wrap around when viewing the site at 1024×768.[/quote:1roe4o14]

It wouldn’t. Are you not wanting a menu item to appear on two lines? In which case you need to specify a height, or otherwise it will be too short to cover two lines at the same time.

pcguy

As I indicated I got this problem resolved by removing one menu item. However I may try getting this two lines for one menu item down the road but I am still unclear what this height adjustment is for. Is the adjustment for the entire menu height or for only the single menu item that needs to be on 2 lines in the main menu bar?

I can not see how adjusting the height of a menu without restricting the width of the menu item, that I want to be separated on two lines of the menu, would do anything.

Sorry for being a bit dense.

If you want a menu item to spread over two lines, then you need to make it’s height twice as large as the other ones. It has nothing to do with the total width of the menu or the total height of the menu (although the total height of the menu would obviously need to be twice as high to compensate for the extra height of that particular menu item.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.