Getting error message when I try to Update Options

Forums Forums Menus Getting error message when I try to Update Options

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TonyVitabile

First, I’m new to WordPress, and to your Multi-Level Menu Plugin, too.  I’m trying to customize a free template called Blue Clouds.  I’m doing this development on my MacBook running MAMP, so I can’t really give you a link to anything.

Actually, I’m running WordPress MU on my MacBook, as I’ll be running that on my website when the theme customization is done.  I’m also using Safari 4.0.1 as my web browser.  Again, this is running locally.

I downloaded & installed the plug-in in the wp-content/plugin folder, as directed.  I added the required line of PHP to the header.php file for the theme.  And the menu came up, but it’s got too much stuff in it & it’s huge & unwieldy & does not match the rest of the theme. 

So I went to your CSS generator & modified a few options.  I copied it into the clipboard of my mac & went to the plug-in’s options in the admin panel.  I pasted the CSS code into the control on the Appearance tab, overwriting the code that was there.  I click on "Update Options" and I get the message "Error! Options page not found".  This happens if I change any options on any of the tabs on the plug-in’s settings pages.

What have I done wrong?

Tony

TonyVitabile

Just want to mention that my user ID on the MacBook has administrator rights to the machine, so I don’t think it’s a rights problem.  I’ve been wrong about that before, though. . .

TonyVitabile

OK, I just went to my site, churchonhigherground.org, and activated the plug-in.  I wanted to see if the problem would be the same there.  I went to the Settings Multi-level navigation option & it brought up the home page  I clicked on Appearance & nothing happened.  Same thing with the other tabs on the page.

Obviously something is wrong here, and it’s probably rights settings.  Any hints?

Tony

TonyVitabile

I checked the behavior of the Setting page for the multi-level navigation plugin on IE8 as well as Safari, and the behavior is the same.  That tells me it’s something on the server.

Tony

The plugin is not designed to work for WordPress Mu. There is a link to a beta in the following topic which does work with Mu though … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/forum/http://local … 4840#p4840

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.