no longer just displays the images within a given post

Forums Forums Slimbox2 plugin no longer just displays the images within a given post

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

This was originally mentioned by Beth on Transient Monkey site on 14th June.

With the new WordPress this plugin no longer just displays the images within a given post. Previous to the upgrade if a post had 6 images in it, that’s what would be shown. (Image 1 out of 6) Now it shows Image 1 out of 23, the total number of photos on the page.

Is there a work around for this, or do I need to wait for an update to the plugin?

Thanks for your help!

malcalevak

Please look through the forums before you post something that has already been answered.

You can see Beth’s thread and the answer a few posts down (assuming there’s not a barrage of posts between now and when you read this).

Anonymous

I know you stated that an answer was given to Beth’s question in her thread, however I couldn’t find the answer either (maybe I’m too hard-headed)!  The last response I saw to her question was:

"malcalevak" wrote:
    I’ve been quite busy lately, or I’d have gotten around to looking at the default theme myself. I think you must have some sort of typo in your explanation, when you say [quote:133j7gds]<div class="[b:133j7gds]post[/b:133j7gds]"> around the posts. Instead it looks like this… <div class="post-488 [b:133j7gds]post[/b:133j7gds] hentry category-uncategorized" id="post-488">[/quote:133j7gds] both of those entries contain the post class as indicated in bold (an element can have multiple classes).

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to look at this later in the week, I’ve been swamped lately with my paying job.

I’m having the same problem.  Everything with this excellent plugin was working very well, indeed, until I upgraded to WP 2.8.x.  Now, it shows "image 1 of 136" rather than "image 1 of 3", as there are only 3 images in my particular post.  Maybe the question was answered elsewhere, but I can’t find it in Beth’s thread.  Here’s what I have prior to the post:

<code><div class="post-1901 post hentry category-first-year" id="post-1901"></code>

Obviously I’m missing something here.  I just know it was working beautifully prior to the WP upgrade, and now it’s not.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Awesome plugin!

Anonymous

Hi,
    I forgot to include my site:
    http://www.AggieSterlings.com/blog

for you only: the password is: *edited out by mod*

Thank you so very much!!!

malcalevak

I’m a bit groggy right now, so I’ll try and come up with a better solution later, but for the time being, for your purposes, you can change the javascript (slimbox2_autoload.php.js, line 39 I believe) as follows:

[code:19hj5i4d]return (this == el) || ($(this).parents("div.post, div#page")[0] && ($(this).parents("div.post, div#page")[0] == $(el).parents("div.post, div#page")[0]));
    [/code:19hj5i4d]
    to:
    [code:19hj5i4d]return (this == el) || ($(this).parents("div.entry, div.post")[0] && ($(this).parents("div.entry, div.post")[0] == $(el).parents("div.entry, div.post")[0]));[/code:19hj5i4d]

I think this would break any special pages of images you happen to have, but it would return the main page to a per post set of galleries.

Once my head is a bit more clear I’ll try and sort things out further, since I do want to say there was a better solution…I’m just not remembering it at the moment.

Anonymous

Thanks for the prompt assistance!  Your simple fix worked perfectly for my site.  Now the posts are isolated for the purposes of the "image x of xx" counter, as they were before the WP 2.8 upgrade.  THANK YOU for helping me!!

p.s.  Maybe this solution will work for the others having similar problems?

malcalevak

Glad to see it works, though I still need to refresh myself as to why it’s happening in the first place, and what I need to do to ensure it works on both previous and the current version of WP.

Anonymous
    &quot;malcalevak&quot; wrote:
    I’m a bit groggy right now, so I’ll try and come up with a better solution later, but for the time being, for your purposes, you can change the javascript (slimbox2_autoload.php.js, line 39 I believe) as follows:

[code:1so9dgqs]return (this == el) || ($(this).parents("div.post, div#page")[0] && ($(this).parents("div.post, div#page")[0] == $(el).parents("div.post, div#page")[0]));
    [/code:1so9dgqs]
    to:
    [code:1so9dgqs]return (this == el) || ($(this).parents("div.entry, div.post")[0] && ($(this).parents("div.entry, div.post")[0] == $(el).parents("div.entry, div.post")[0]));[/code:1so9dgqs]

I think this would break any special pages of images you happen to have, but it would return the main page to a per post set of galleries.

Once my head is a bit more clear I’ll try and sort things out further, since I do want to say there was a better solution…I’m just not remembering it at the moment.

I am getting this problem but I don’t see this code line in the js file. I am using the new WP 2.9.1 and the latest plugin download. Everything else works fine but it doesn’t display the images in just one post but shows the rest as well.

malcalevak

The new version gives you full control over grouping from the options panel, it’s the autoload selector line. Without seeing your site, or what you’re trying to do with it, I can’t tell you anything, though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.