menu code breaks header.php in WP 2.8

Forums Forums Menus menu code breaks header.php in WP 2.8

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    karenalma

Using WP 2.8 and default theme.

I inserted the menu code:
    <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?>

into my header.php then saved the file. The code disappears from the <? to the end of the file. It takes everything from where I pasted on to the end.

I tried another menu plugin and this does not happen.

Any ideas?

Karen

karenalma

I should mention that I absolutely love your plugin and have never had a problem with it till now!

karenalma

Hello again,
    I found the issue.  It is the new syntax highlighting included in 2.8.  Which can be disabled in the screen option on the theme editor page.

Sounds like either a problem with your themes PHP which happens to have been triggered by the plugin code, or a bug in the new syntax highlighting.

Of course the code didn’t actually disappear, it just presumably wasn’t displaying in your admin panel.

I tested out the new syntax highlighter, it didn’t seem to work at all in Chrome but I got it working in Firefox. It had no problem recognising the code you posted above, so I’m guessing my initial assumption about something else being wrong was correct.

Anonymous

having same problem,

"You can modify the look of your dropdown by using our new Multi-level Menu CSS Generator page."

i just upgraded to WP2.8 but it doesnt show up in either version (2.7?)

I highly doubt that whatever problem you are experiencing has anything to do with the Multi-level Navigation plugin.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.