Where do sub nav pages link to and how do I create those pages?

Forums Forums Menus Where do sub nav pages link to and how do I create those pages?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jjspelman

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed your plug in and it seems to work fine. However, as I am a brand new WP user I am perplexed. I created custom menu items per your instructions to list approx 30 products in 5 categories. I do not know how to create pages for those products without going to the WP page generator. But doing this puts the pages under one of the parent links (pages, etc.). If I click no parent, then it becomes a main link at the top nav.

I need to create pages that are linked to the custom menus I created. Can you tell me how? I do not want these pages in the side bar, I just want them linked from the top nav, or any other link I include on internal pages.

In your example you have a number of drop downs and flyouts. How does one create the pages for those menu items and have the menu link to them???????

Hope you can help.

JJ

WordPress automatically places new pages into the top-level, not as parents of other pages.

I’m not sure how to answer some of your questions. WordPress can make pages, and you can display those automatically using the ‘Pages’ or ‘Pages (single dropdown)’ menu items in the plugins admin page. Or alternatively you can write a custom list like in the example code you mentioned.

jjspelman

Let me see if I can explain it this way. If I could change the title "Pages" in the top menu of a WordPress site, that would be perfect. Because I would change it to Products, then list the products and product categories under it using your plug in.

When I create a new page in WP, I have to give it a Parent, in this case the parent would be Products.

Now if I could just get this done and NOT have those pages listed in the side bar (because it makes the page grow vertically) that would be great.

Perhaps I am asking too much.

Thanks.

arjanver

do you have the site online or have a "test" installation somewhere online?

jjspelman

Thanks again for replying. The site is being built at http://www.teachangermanagement.com

What appears in your sidebar is unrelated to this plugin. That is controlled by either your theme or a widget normally.

[quote:gzcm6kp2]When I create a new page in WP, I have to give it a Parent, in this case the parent would be Products.[/quote:gzcm6kp2]

Why do you have to do that?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.