Unable to Access Admin menus

Forums Forums Menus Unable to Access Admin menus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cheriejd

I cannot get the Appearance, Menu Content, or Settings tab to open a new window so I can change the options for the plug in. The javascript in the status bar comes up (null) and nothing happens.

I am using FF 3.0.8 on a Mac OS 10.4.11. I also tried it on Safari 3.2.1. Javascript is enabled.

Wordpress v. 2.7.1.

I could not find any known issues with other plug ins. This is the list I am using:
    All in One SEO Pack
    Dagon Design Form Mailer
    Google Maps for WordPress
    My Link Order
    My Page Order
    SEO Title Tag
    Store Locator
    Twitter Tools
    WordPress Database Backup

any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

You can not open a new window via the tabs, they’re just javascripted tabs to split one page into separate sections.

Anonymous

Same trouble here.
    I found a poor solution : desactivate all the plugin, reactivate multi level, then you can edit your settings and after the edit done you can reactivate all the other plugins.

What exact problem are you experiencing? The tabs can’t open up in new windows as they’re not separate pages, that’s not a bug, it’s just a property of using javascripted tabs.

Anonymous

I am having the same issue – The "Home", "Appearance", "Menu Contents", and "Settings" tabs do nothing when clicked. The link is showing – javascript:void(null);. Please help.

The problem explained above is not a problem at all, the tabs can’t open in new windows, that’s not what they’re designed to do. However since you are seeing javascript:void(null) error then presumably this isn’t actually the problem you are experiencing.

It sounds like one of your other plugins is probably using the same tabber.js script (or something similar) and this is interfering with the way the Multi-level navigation plugins’ menu works. Other plugins should not be outputting javascript on the Multi-level Navigation plugins page, but for whatever reason some plugin authors choose to load their scripts on EVERY page which causes problems like this. If this is indeed the problem I would be keen to hear which plugin it is as I’ll send the author an email with some info. on how to make their plugin compatible.

If I’m wrong and this isn’t the problem then I’ll need to know a little more information before I can figure a solution out for you. Actually … disabling javascript should be a crude fix for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.