Problems with my dropdown menu

Forums Forums Menus Problems with my dropdown menu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    uuimages

I installed the suckerfish WordPress plugin.  I did the dropdown generator and pasted that css code in the spot in the plug in.  I also put in the html code in the header.php.  I get the drop down but it isn’t quite right.  The site is http://carlvan.com 

When you hover over the main word, the drop down doesn’t drop down, it covers up the top word (sorry, I am at a loss for what the top menu page name is.)  That is in the firefox browser.

In Explorer, when you hover over the main word, the drop down goes to the right instead down below the word. I hope this all makes sense. Not sure how to fix this problem.  Any suggestions?

Hi,
    That plugin has not been supported for a while now as it was replaced with the Multi-level Navigation Plugin … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/multi-level-navigation/

Your particular problem is probably caused by a bunch of junk HTML which doesn’t make any sense.
    [code:33rrbwca]
    <ul id="suckerfishnav"></ul> <ul id="suckerfishnav">
    [/code:33rrbwca]

uuimages

Thank you.  I have installed the new plug in.  I inserted the <?php if (function_exists(‘pixopoint_menu’)) {pixopoint_menu();} ?> into the header and did the Multi-level Menu CSS Generator page.  I copied and pasted that into the plug in. 

That was great, however, I still get the same problem.  When I hover over my Main menu name (Animal for example) the drop down menu covers the Animal.  This is on firefox. On IE, It goes to the right of the Main Menu name.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

The following HTML tags are probably causing the problems. Try removing some of them and it might fix your problem.
    [code:3ghwy2l6]
    <div id="slimmenu">
    <div class="slim-container">
    <div class="slim-transparent-box"></div>
    <div class="slim-content-box">
                                    <ul>
    [/code:3ghwy2l6]

BTW, that last <ul> tag shouldn’t be there as the plugin code already has a wrapping <ul> tag.

uuimages

Thanks i will try that.
    Do I also need to make any changes to the CSS Stylesheet that includes the slimmenu info?

If you remove the HTML related to the slimmenu then you won’t need to remove anything related to it in the CSS. If it isn’t being used it would make sense to remove it simply to cut down on download size though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.