IE6 and IE7 dropdown spacing issue

Forums Forums Menus IE6 and IE7 dropdown spacing issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The menu works great in all browsers except for IE6 and IE7. When the dropdown pops out the spacing is off causing the menu to appear shifted to the right instead of directly below the button. Any ideas?

No idea. We can’t help without seeing your site first.

Anonymous

Same problem here, here’s a link:

http://www.clickartistry.com/blog

Great plug-in, I really appreciate it!  Just need to figure out what’s going on with the IE placement, but really wonderful options in this plugin, thanks much!

My stab in the dark guess is that the following CSS applied by the following HTML is messing up your menu:
    [code:12udboca]<div id="nav"> [/code:12udboca]

If you remove that (and the corresponding </div> tag) then your problem may be fixed.

Anonymous

Nope, I took that out and it didn’t change anything…any other ideas?

Anonymous

Just a couple more things that might be worth mentioning…

If you look at the nav bar as it is loading in IE6, you can see my links in a light color appear on top of the nav bar, then go away once the page is loaded.

Once the drop-down menu does appear (to the top right instead of beneath), if you hover over a link, the background does not change color, but in Flock and Firefox, it does…could be related.  Oh, and this part is even true in IE8.

Thanks, again!

Anonymous

I got my problem sorted, I had display:inline in the #suckerfishnav a part and it needed to be display:block.  The live example links on here helped me figure it out.  Thanks!

Hi,
    Yeah, display:inline is bound to cause all sorts of problems there.

Good to hear you fixed your problem. If you have any more problems, make sure you post what you changed in the CSS as I would have answered your question a lot faster otherwise.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.