Vert menu with moving menu content?

Forums Forums Menus Vert menu with moving menu content?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    darkmatter

Hi Ryan, I’ve been working on a new site where I need to create a menu on the left that has say, 4 choices.  When you hover over the choice, I’d like to have any content below it move down and have the sub content wedge in between.  Is that possible with your menus?  As far as I can imagine, the submenu would just appear over what’s below.  Is there a way to push down content and do it smooth?

Thanks in advance!

Vince

Hi,
    It sounds like you want an Accordian style menu. I’ve never tried making one of those before, but they are becoming very popular.

Here is a demo of one … http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde … -apple.htm

I think you could probably make one without javascript, but it would only work by hovering over the menu and it wouldn’t have the nice smooth transitions as in the demo linked above. Personally I prefer the ones like the WordPress admin panel uses where you have to click on the item for it to expand to show the rest of the menu items.

darkmatter

Yes that’s exactly it.  Something to think about to do with CSS, even if it’s not a smooth "transition".

Thanks much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.