Dropdown Menu Not Working

Forums Forums Menus Dropdown Menu Not Working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alex

Hi Ryan, greetings from Brazil and thank you for this great plugin. I have just installed it in http://medicinadoestilodevida.com.br (K2 theme) and have done nothing to the CSS other than your CSS Generator.

My dropdowns appear, but they are useless: clicking on them does nothing.

Is there anything I could do? I’d really like to be able to use your plugin!

Thank you very much again!

P.S.: I am using Firefox and Safari.

Try removing the UL and LI’s from the following in your style.css file:
    [code:1jy68sk8]/*- Reset CSS */
    /* http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/ */
    /* v1.0 | 20080212 */

html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe,
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre,
    a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code,
    del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp,
    small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var,
    b, u, i, center,
    dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li,
    fieldset, form, label, legend,
    table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }
    [/code:1jy68sk8]

alex

Thank you so much for your reply!

I followed your suggestion and removed the specified ul, li. But no joy yet…

After applying the modification you suggested, I also checked for plugin conflicts by deactivating all other plugins except the Multi-Level-Navigation Plugin, but there was no change.

Is there anything else that I could try? Should I put the ul and li back in my style.css?

Strange. Did you change anything in the CSS? Or is it direct from the CSS generator?

alex

No, I haven’t changed the CSS, it is indeed direct from the CSS Generator. (I have also read your sticky post very carefully, so I would gladly have reported any such changes to you immediately, had I made them).

The solution seems so close! I’d really like to be able to use your plugin. It really seems like an issue between the plugin and the K2 theme, doesn’t it? I tried to install it in another K2 blog of mine in another webhost, and had exactly the same issue.

This is proving impossibly difficult to fix. I’ve been working on this for about 40 mins and still haven’t found a solution. This is ridiculous, this should be incredibly simple to fix but something is going REALLY WEIRD with it.

Actually … I just tested it in Firefox and got it working perfectly. I think I’ve been chasing around a bug in Opera for the past hour. If you append <h4> tags after the menu it seems to totally mess up the drodpown menu, but I have no idea why.

This is a stupid theme. For some reason the overflow and float in the follow CSS is messing up the menu. If you remove those the problem with the menu will be fixed. I don’t know if it will introduce other problems though.

[code:1amlyxlg].secondary {
    width: 200px;
    float: left;
    font-size: 1em;
    line-height: 1.5em;
    color: #666;
    position: relative;
    padding: 0 10px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }
    [/code:1amlyxlg]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.