Cant format plugin

Forums Forums Menus Cant format plugin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    manyee

Hi I am using the multi-level navigation plugin.

It looks good but no matter how I try, I cant seem to change the CSS code to resize the font, or make the padding around each of the boxes smaller.

So you know what I mean, here is a link to my site. Its the left hand sizebar, where it starts off with "Home, contact, etc"

http://www.agirlsgotoeat.com/

Please tell me what I can do to so I can change the CSS to size down the font and the line heights.

Even when I try and change to the default WordPress one, it still doesn’t resize

I have attached the code I have posted into my CSS in the notepad file

manyee

Hi
    Following on from this, I have moved the location of the plugin from leftsidebar to just under the footer.

Its better, but still doesnt look perfect.

I would still like to reduce the font size, and also to make the width of the bar fit my template, which it isn’t doing.

Please take a look and help me with this. 

The link is as per previous message.

Thanks

phillwv

Hi
    I’m not too savvy on CSS but have a vague idea I wrestled with this. Admin said he’d be flat out for a week so we freebies are on our own, I think.

You page source code starts the menu with these classes/ids:

<div id="pixopoint_menu_wrapper1">
    <div id="pixopoint_menu1">
    <ul class="sf-menu" id="suckerfishnav"><li class="current_page_item"><a href="http://domain2069600.sites.streamlinedns.co.uk/">Home</a></li><li class="page_item page-item-120"><a href="http://domain2069600.sites.streamlinedns.co.uk/?page_id=120&quot; title="Whose the girl?">Whose the girl?</a></li>
    … yada …

In my theme’s style.css if found one of those I probably added because they aren’t in the sucker’s css and so must be waiting to be defined.

My style.css has this, amongst the others, which I fortunately commented to remind me!

.navbar li.current_page_item a:hover{
    /* border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc; – remmed 17jan09 chasing pixopoint issue */
    text-decoration: none;
    padding: 0 25px 5px 0;
    margin: 0;
    }

Actually, here’s the lot that you might pore over.

.navbar{
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 0 0 0 20px;
    text-align: left;
    background: transparent;
    border-bottom: 0px;
    }
    .navbar li{
    display: inline;
    list-style-type: none;
    padding: 0;
    }
    .navbar ul{margin:0;padding:0;}
    .navbar ul li a{
    font-family: century gothic,Arial,Sans-Serif;
    font-size: 17px;
    color: #ccc;
    text-transform: lowercase;
    padding: 0 35px 10px 0;
    border-bottom: 0px;
    font-weight: normal;
    }
    .navbar ul li a:hover{
    color: #ccffff;
    ;padding: 0 35px 0 0;
    }
    .navbar li.current_page_item a{
    color: #a4c9ff;
    font-weight: bold;
    }
    .navbar li.current_page_item a:hover{
    /* border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc; – remmed 17jan09 chasing pixopoint issue */
    }

Sorry, couldn’t bother with attach.txt

manyee

Thanks for that.  I am hopeless with CSS so i didn’t quite follow everything you wrote, but I think i’ve kind of fixed it.
    thanks

phillwv

It looks a lot better now.

I was a bit rushed so wasn’t very precise. The headline should have been: those css thingys must be added to your own theme’s style.css.

And I recall wondering that if they appeared in my page source code why weren’t they defined either in my themes or suckerf’s css files. I was surprised this isn’t documented(or not that I easily found) as it’s basic and must stop everyone.

Hope I’m correct.

[quote:25llq8r8]In my theme’s style.css if found one of those I probably added because they aren’t in the sucker’s css and so must be waiting to be defined.
    [/quote:25llq8r8]

Those extra DIV tags/classes are there to help shunt the menu around. I was having trouble showing people how to add extra DIV tags to their theme, so instead I just added standard tags instead. It also means that if I offer advice on how to use them in one topic, that users can read them and know that those DIV classes will work in their install as well.

BTW, the new version of the CSS generator which will EVENTUALLY be released once I get time for it, does include those CSS ID’s as it will allow more options for controlling what the menu can do.

From what I can see, the menu is looking correct so I won’t offer any help. If this isn’t the case, then let me know and I’ll take another look for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.