Another IE7 not working

Forums Forums Menus Another IE7 not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yonation

HI ryan –
    thanks for the great code. but in IE7 it doesn’t work at all, but it does in safari, chrome, firefox etc. here is the site:
    http://wedoonline.org/prototype/
    do you know what the problem is?
    thanks again!
    yonation

There is probably some styling in the #si_menubar_2 block which is causing problems.

So either remove some of the CSS styling from it to see if that helps or perhaps just remove the tag (and it’s corresponding closing tag) entirely.

[code:3py6sbgj]<div id="si_menubar_2">[/code:3py6sbgj]

Hopefully that will help, if not then let me know and I’ll take a closer look for you.

yonation

thanks i will right away.  also Ryan if you’re checking out the site, do you have any idea how to make the second level menu, where one of the items is wrapped onto a second line, evenly spaced (ie under Learn > Campaigns)?
    thanks again!

yonation

Hey Ryan,
    I tried taking everything out of si_menubar_2 but its not really working still. I need that div because it positions the menus on the page and it makes a little gray background thats transparent. any help!?

Hi,
    Sorry for the delay. I’m checking it out now.

The first thing I notice is that you have a gap at the start of your pages before the DOCTYPE! I think that may trigger some errors in IE7. There is not meant to be any content (including spaces or carriage returns) before the DOCTYPE!

Hi,
    I’m assuming you’ve modified the code? I don’t provide free support to modified CSS sorry.

It looks like you have some of the menus CSS inside IE conditional comments. This is generally a recipe for disaster. If you need the code in conditionals then it is usually because you are trying to fix a seperate problem. It is almost always a lot easier to fix the underlying problem than hack it to work in IE. Plus it will probably break in IE8 as it is much better at rendering CSS than IE7 and older.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.