Houston. We Have lift off–How I did it + need help on multi-posting links

Forums Forums Menus Houston. We Have lift off–How I did it + need help on multi-posting links

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    euromogul

Ok. I was at the point of just giving up and going crazy–I couldn’t figure anything out, install, etc

so finally–i figured out how to do it without custom coding and I think this works but may need some help

1. First I inserted the suckerfish.php code all over the header file until it finally gave me the menu I needed

2. then i selected Menu 1 (None) and Menu 2 (pages)

3. then I had no clue how to code or use the (li) to have the subpages appear under the pages header so what i did was go into wordpress create a new page, have it be under the hierarchy of a parent page, and voila–in my site the sub page appears like I want–yahoo:):):)

Wanted to share this for good karma and wanted to hear back from anyone if I may experience any other obstacles or it seems like its smooth sailing.  However, what I want to find out now is and it may be more appropriate for wordpress forum but I though I would try

1. If I am posting a "post" on my main page, or having users post a post on my main page, but I want that post to automatically link (double post) to another section of my site whether its a main page or sub page–how do I do that?

2. Is the double fly out menu that I see on variety.com only a premium item I can get within MLM and if so–what is the maximum level of dropdowns I can in fact do–either vertical or horizontal

3. at screendaily.com, the menu items are itemized as one drop down block with text–is this hard to do?

4. where in my theme page can I find the color schemes in my page that I can use to generate the corresponding CSS files so the menu matches the color

[quote:296qgcs8]1. First I inserted the suckerfish.php code all over the header file until it finally gave me the menu I needed[/quote:296qgcs8]

Removing tags surrounding the menu may also work in some cases.

[quote:296qgcs8]2. then i selected Menu 1 (None) and Menu 2 (pages)[/quote:296qgcs8]
    [quote:296qgcs8]3. then I had no clue how to code or use the (li) to have the subpages appear under the pages header so what i did was go into wordpress create a new page, have it be under the hierarchy of a parent page, and voila–in my site the sub page appears like I want–yahoo:):):)[/quote:296qgcs8]

Are you sure you didn’t use ‘Pages (dropdown)’?

[quote:296qgcs8]1. If I am posting a "post" on my main page, or having users post a post on my main page, but I want that post to automatically link (double post) to another section of my site whether its a main page or sub page–how do I do that?[/quote:296qgcs8]

I’m confused. Posts don’t generally get posted on pages. Or are you maybe referring to categories, archives etc.? In which case that is a theming issue. There are many ways of doing these things and I can’t really help without knowing exactly what you are trying to achieve.

[quote:296qgcs8]2. Is the double fly out menu that I see on variety.com only a premium item I can get within MLM and if so–what is the maximum level of dropdowns I can in fact do–either vertical or horizontal[/quote:296qgcs8]

Theoretically you can go as far as you want. The current CSS generator stops at 3 or 4 I think (both free and premium).

[quote:296qgcs8]3. at screendaily.com, the menu items are itemized as one drop down block with text–is this hard to do?[/quote:296qgcs8]

I don’t understand. That menu uses images for the dropdown if that’s what you mean. And yes, that isn’t too difficult, but you would need to know a lot about CSS first. I do these types of menus for our premium members. There isn’t any easy way to automate this type of thing since it’s image based.

[quote:296qgcs8]4. where in my theme page can I find the color schemes in my page that I can use to generate the corresponding CSS files so the menu matches the color[/quote:296qgcs8]

Huh? Are you asking if there is some sort of auto-detection system for working out your themes colour scheme, then designing a menu to suit? In which case no, that is not a current feature and never will be. The CSS generator is there instead … https://geek.hellyer.kiwi/suckerfish_css/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.