IE6, Firefox nav bar outside of header

Forums Forums Menus IE6, Firefox nav bar outside of header

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PJ

My site looks great in IE7 – thanks for the great plugin.  But viewing it in IE6 and Firefox today the layout isn’t right. The navigation bar extends to the right outside of the header/body. 

I am pretty new to all this stuff.

The site I am working on is: 
    http://www.theboardhoarder.com/wordpress

theme is Drikatruu Jelly

I added "margin:0 auto;" to the #suckerfishnav

Don’t think I changed anything else. 

I put the CSS generated code in to the stylesheet (style.css)

Thanks for any help.  I read lots on the forum, learned a lot but didn’t see this one.

malcalevak

This is more Ryan’s area of expertise, but I see one thing to definitely fix. Don’t put the CSS generated code in the style.css for the jelly theme. You’re loading it from the plugin as well, afterwards, so if there’s a difference between the two you’re probably getting a conflict. Cut it from the jelly theme, and go into your wordpress settings and find the Multi-Level Navigation section and put the CSS there.

As for the specific issue you mentioned, I think you’re looking at a width issue (which hopefully is resolved once you clean up the duplicated CSS). I also noticed that outside of IE7 the individual dropdowns aren’t filling up the entire space, again I think it’s a width issue.

Clean out the duplicated CSS and see if the problems are still there, if they are…mess around with your width. Sorry I can’t help more.

PJ

Your email reminded me of reading Ryan’s help to someone else (and in the index comments) about the duplicate CSS, so I checked disabled CSS plugin and everything worked.

I won’t go in to the mistakes I made first — but thank you for your help.  I sure like this plugin and I am learning lots!

Thanks!

PJ

I took out the duplicate CSS.  And like I said above, the navigation bar is fixed, z-index fixed — everything works great in IE7 and Mozilla. 

I went to work today and tried it on IE6 and the drop downs are not working in IE6 at all. (Before the dropdowns worked, but the nav bar was out — now it’s vice versa.)

Any ideas for me?  Thanks for anyone’s help.

malcalevak

I suspect maybe when it had been working in IE6 it might’ve been using the CSS that was since removed, indicating that it’s a CSS issue, so I can’t really help much, but Ryan might be able to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.