Drop down menus in IE7

Forums Forums Menus Drop down menus in IE7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

IE6 was totally messed up so I turned off the java scrip part so it does not show up… that’s fine…

IE7 has the sub menus too far to the right.

Firefox is sexy.

Hi,
    Er, do you need help? If so, then I need a whole lot more information.

In particular, a link to your site would be useful.

gabrielerner

I don’t know if this issue was solved. I have the same thing. In Firefox the drop down works beautifully. In IE 7 it doesn’t. My site is http://hispanicLA.com
    Thank you!

Hi,
    I think you have an extra space between the < and ? in one of your scripts:
    [code:2iq28cfq]< ?php language_attributes(); ?>
    [/code:2iq28cfq]

I can’t help with your problem though as you don’t seem to have the menu installed.

gabrielerner

Sorry, I installed it in the wrong header… Now it is installed and you’ll see it works for Firefox and Chrome, but not for IE… Thank you for the tip on the extra space! Now that I fixed it I got this errormessage dir="ltr" lang="es-ES">. Thanks again.

gabrielerner

Yeah… the drop down doesn’t work on IE (7). But works as a charm in FF and Chrome.

This is appearing on your page because it is in the source code just like that.
    [code:lwuibu99]dir="ltr" lang="es-ES">[/code:lwuibu99]

Am looking into other problem now

This file is causing your problems:
    [code:32vx0fm8]http://www.hispanicla.com/wp-content/themes/structure/library/css/base.css[/code:32vx0fm8]

gabrielerner

Thank you! I temporarily emptied the file and the menu worked on IE 7, but it caused other problems. So, can you tell me what exactly in that file caused the problem? Your help is very much appreciated.
    G

Try removing stuff related to UL or LI tags from the file and hope nothing breaks!

If that isn’t possible, then let me know and I’ll try and sort a fix for you.

Anonymous

I discovered that if you change your css for the dropdownmenus and they stop working for IE, you have prolly altered this line:

#suckerfishnav li:hover, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover {
        background: #99CCFF;
        }

and removed the background color style. 

I did that and took me a while to figure out whats going on… Thou I haven’t yet figured out why it is doing that…

gabrielerner

ok, it worked by getting into the file base.css in my theme library and removing from this list:

‘html,body,div,span,object,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,
    p,blockquote,pre,a,abbr,acronym,address,big,cite,code,
    del,dfn,em,img,ins,kbd,q,samp,small,strong,sub,sup,tt,
    var,dl,dt,dd,ol,ul,fieldset,form,label,legend,table,
    caption,tbody,tfoot,thead,tr,th’

just this: ‘li,’

I hope nothing breaks, like you say. What is that ‘li’, anyway?
    Thank you, at this moment… everything works, i love the menu.
    G

Thanks NoThanks, but I don’t think that is the problem here.

The LI tag represents a list item. The menu is a series of nested unordered list items. It is unlikely to affect your site unless another unordered list requires itself to have it’s margins and paddings reset.

gabrielerner

I guess it wasn’t it. While working on the plugin all of a sudden my sidebar dissapeared -actually moved to the end of the page, leaving an ugly blank space. At the same time, the text: ‘dir="ltr" lang="es-ES">  ‘ reappeared on the top of the header. Am in trouble now.

&quot;gabrielerner&quot; wrote:
    At the same time, the text: ‘dir="ltr" lang="es-ES">  ‘ reappeared on the top of the header.

It’s not there anymore. It is also not related to the plugin, that would have been caued by an error you made when modifying your theme.

&quot;gabrielerner&quot; wrote:
    While working on the plugin all of a sudden my sidebar dissapeared -actually moved to the end of the page, leaving an ugly blank space.

I can’t see this problem at all. Your site seems to working fine from what I can see.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.