Dramatic increase in my page load times – any tips?

Forums Forums Menus Dramatic increase in my page load times – any tips?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tigertiger

Hi All!

I’m new to WordPress and currently transferring my website to the blog format with pages. I really like the design and usability of this menu plug-in, and thought it had saved me a huge headache. Unfortunately, my page-load times have sky-rocketed – tripling and quadrupling. Has anyone noticed the same? And does anyone have any tips to try and limit this? (I’ve tried to hard-code a few php calls for urls, but I haven’t noticed any real improvement)

I’m on shared hosting which isn’t lightning quick, but has always been very reliable for me in the past. I’ve had to disable the plug-in for the moment. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi,
    It shouldn’t make your pages take that much longer to load.

However, you can speed things up by inserting the raw PHP code to generate the menu into your theme and then add the CSS to your themes CSS file and hard code the link to the Javascript file/s. Then you can disable the plugin entirely as you won’t need it anymore.

Perhaps the speed increase is caused by using the Superfish option? That adds a substantial load to your page download sizes.

FYI, I did some speed tests on page loads tonight and couldn’t find any noticeable difference in load times whether the plugin was installed or not.

My local install loaded the page in 1.4 +/- 0.4 secs every time. I got the same results when I activated the plugin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.