WordPress MU?

Forums Forums Menus WordPress MU?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    conor

Has anyone successfully installed this plugin on a WordPress MU installation?  I’ve tried and it seems as though the front-end works as expected, but there are errors updating the menu options. 

Any help or resources regarding this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Conor

Interesting. I assumed it would work fine with WordPress Mu but haven’t actually tried it.

What errors are you getting?

torre

i have the problem mith mu 2.6, that i can´t save the settings of the menu.

I got to the page /admin.php?page=suckerfishoptions
    and change the "Menu Contents".
    When i click "Update Options", a new site shows me only "Are you sure you want to do this?Please try again." an not options saved.

conor

I was having the same problem – I went in and made a couple of changes:

In the suckerfish_options function, I changed the form action to:
    action="options-general.php?page=suckerfishoptions" I’m guessing there is a more dynamic way to do that, but this seems to work.

I then added a new action and function to save the options:

add_action(‘init’,’suckerfish_save_options’);

function suckerfish_save_options()
    {
        global $msg;
        if (false === empty($_POST))
        {
            unset($_POST);
            foreach($_POST as $key => $value)
            {
                if (false !== strpos($key,’suckerfish’))
                {
                    update_option($key,$value);
                }
            }
        }
        if (empty($_POST))
        {
            update_option("suckerfish_superfish","off");
        }

$msg = "Option Update was successful.";
    }

I bet there are a ton of better ways to do this, but again, this worked. I was in a hurry and I’m new to wp plugins, so please pardon the mistakes/hacks ;-)

Unfortunately, I doesn’t look like I’ll be able to use this plugin for what I need as I’ve got some goofy requirements.  But otherwise, this plugin seems to work fine with MU with these changes.

torre

i have tried your changes, but the options don´t save.

the form action i changed at the index.php-file and the new funcion i added also to the index.php-file. was this the right way?

conor

I’m pretty sure that is all I changed.  Make sure the new add_action is at the top of the index.php file (I have mine right under the header action).  Other than that, I don’t think I made any other changes.

The form is submitting through POST, correct?

torre

i add the new function right under header action and change the form to
    <form method="post" action="options-general.php?page=suckerfishoptions" id="options">

but the options are not saved.

conor

Try putting " print_r($_POST); " as the first line of the suckerfish_save_options function.  This should then display at the top of the page. This will confirm that the function is being called.

Note: this information will display on the top of every page of your site – so I don’t recommend doing this on a production site.

torre

first it diplay: Array ( )

after try to save: Array ( [_wpnonce] => 1dd7751ec1 [_wp_http_referer] => /wp-admin/options-general.php?page=suckerfishoptions [suckerfish_css] => #suckerfishnav {background:#1F3E9F url("../multi-level-navigation-plugin/images/suckerfish_blue.png") repeat-x;font-size:18px;font-family:verdana,sans-serif;font-weight:bold; width:100%;}#suckerfishnav, #suckerfishnav ul {float:left;list-style:none;line-height:40px;padding:0;border:1px solid #aaa;margin:0; width:100%;}#suckerfishnav a {display:block;color:#dddddd;text-decoration:none;padding:0px 10px;}#suckerfishnav li {float:left;padding:0;}#suckerfishnav ul {position:absolute;left:-999em;height:auto; width:151px;font-weight:normal;margin:0;line-height:1; border:0;border-top:1px solid #666666; }#suckerfishnav li li { width:149px;border-bottom:1px solid #666666;border-left:1px solid #666666;border-right:1px solid #666666;font-weight:bold;font-family:verdana,sans-serif;}#suckerfishnav li li a {padding:4px 10px; width:130px;font-size:12px;color:#dddddd;}#suckerfishnav li ul ul {margin:-21px 0 0 150px;}#suckerfishnav li li:hover {background:#1F3E9F;}#suckerfishnav li ul li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li ul li li li:hover a {color:#dddddd;}#suckerfishnav li:hover a, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover a {color:#dddddd;}#suckerfishnav li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover li a, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover li a {color:#dddddd;}#suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li:hover ul ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul ul ul ul {left:-999em;}#suckerfishnav li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li:hover ul, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li.sfhover ul, #suckerfishnav li li li li.sfhover ul {left:auto;background:#444444;}#suckerfishnav li:hover, #suckerfishnav li.sfhover {background:#5E7AD3;} [suckerfish_menuitem1] => Archives (months) Dropdown [suckerfish_menuitem2] => Pages Dropdown [suckerfish_menuitem3] => Categories Dropdown [suckerfish_menuitem4] => Archives (years) Dropdown [suckerfish_menuitem5] => Blogroll Dropdown [suckerfish_menuitem6] => None [suckerfish_menuitem7] => None [suckerfish_menuitem8] => None [suckerfish_menuitem9] => None [suckerfish_menuitem10] => None [suckerfish_hometitle] => Home [suckerfish_pagestitle] => Pages [suckerfish_categoriestitle] => Categories [suckerfish_archivestitle] => Archives [suckerfish_blogrolltitle] => Blogroll [suckerfish_recentcommentstitle] => Recent Comments [suckerfish_excludepages] => [suckerfish_excludecategories] => [suckerfish_custommenu] => [suckerfish_custommenu2] => [suckerfish_superfish_speed] => normal [suckerfish_superfish_time] => 800 [suckerfish_superfish_timeout] => 100 [action] => update [page_options] => suckerfish_css, suckerfish_superfish, suckerfish_superfish_speed, suckerfish_superfish_time, suckerfish_superfish_timeout, suckerfish_menuitem1, suckerfish_menuitem2, suckerfish_menuitem3, suckerfish_menuitem4, suckerfish_menuitem5, suckerfish_menuitem6, suckerfish_menuitem7, suckerfish_menuitem8, suckerfish_menuitem9, suckerfish_menuitem10, suckerfish_pagestitle, suckerfish_keyboard, suckerfish_excludepages, suckerfish_excludecategories, suckerfish_hometitle, suckerfish_pagestitle, suckerfish_categoriestitle, suckerfish_archivestitle, suckerfish_blogrolltitle, suckerfish_recentcommentstitle, suckerfish_disablecss, suckerfish_custommenu, suckerfish_custommenu2, suckerfish_inlinecss [Submit] => Einstellungen aktualisieren )

Thanks for the input Conor. Do you know why these problems are occurring? I have no experience with WordPress Mu so don’t know what the differences between the two systems are.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.